Imagine That - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Imagine That Reviews

July 21, 2018
This was a fantastic movie and a great lesson for parents! Loved It!!!
July 10, 2017
Second time watching this movie. Its sweet and feels original. Adresses adult themes. Eddie Murphy delivers subtle to silly but it all fits. Very masterful. The lil girl helps carry the film on her tiny lil shoulders, awww bless!
January 10, 2017
Not a good movie to watch
½ March 12, 2016
It's super predictable but its a sweet movie that is a decent watch. Eddie Murphy can do better but it's a movie that will put a smile on your face and is entertaining enough for families to enjoy together.
February 23, 2016
Funny Edie Murphy film that is also a sweet kids flick.
November 26, 2015
Surprisingly entertaining.
August 17, 2015
Looks like it could be bad or great.
August 9, 2015
Eddie Murphy's most disappointing work ever.
December 17, 2014
Eddie Murphy gotta see it
½ October 7, 2014
Come on guys! Seriously? OK maybe I am on my own here. Admittedly this isn't Eddie Murphy's finest hour but the little girl stole every scene she was in. Yes the father character was "bad" to start with but that was kind of the point of the film. No one ever says they don't like the Christmas Carol because Scrooge is miserable and mean. ok this isn't on a par with Dickens but to say its lacking in morality is like saying Mrs Doubtfire was a psychotic deviant. if your not a cynic and you have a heart for (dysfunctional) family comedies then this is worth checking out. thank you for reading my rant. :)
August 25, 2014
A workaholic businessman can't find time to be a father to his daughter who has an imaginary world of princesses. But when her imaginary world helps further his career it not only helps him at his job but also helps him be a better dad. But it seems he is more worried about his career than his kid. I thought the whole thing was absurd and far fetched. I was also expecting Eddie Murphey to at least maybe save it and be very funny but that was a big let down. There were very little funny scenes in this and it was a major disappointment as far as being a comedy is concerned. It might be ok for the kids but adults you will mostly find your time wasted here.
August 13, 2014
It looks ok I'll probably rent it
July 8, 2014
looks interesting and funny since eddie plays in it
June 29, 2014
Day: Thursday
Date: 16 Jun 2014
Time: 9.30 pm
With: Noone
On: HDTV
½ March 30, 2014
Very funny lighthearted comedy for the whole family. Lots of laughs and a positive message.
March 5, 2014
When a highly competitive money mogul (Eddie Murphy) finds his financial kingdom slipping, he turns to his 7-year-old daughter (Yara Shahidi) and her fantasy world of imaginary princesses for help. Embarking on a whirlwind journey of comic proportions, father and daughter are about to discover that sometimes all you need is a little imagination - and a lot of love.

also stars Thomas Haden Church, Nicole Ari Parker, Ronny Cox, Martin Sheen, DeRay Davis and Bobbie J. Thompson.

directed by Karey Kirkpatrick.
February 23, 2014
Though its hart felt it, It does suffer from some writing issues - 6.5/10
November 3, 2013
This isn't as bad as some say it is. The little girl was adorable.
Evan: how about I get you some scones?
Boy: scones? What am I, the queen of England?
October 28, 2013
Yet another example of a movie that's had all the life sucked out of it by the Hollywood studio system. Ham fisted and formulaic, Imagine That nevertheless has some endearing qualities to save it from the trash can, notably the gentle, believable father-daughter chemistry between Murphy and Shahidi.
½ August 12, 2013
An imaginary friend makes big corporate decisions??? Really?.....