Last Night - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Last Night Reviews

½ June 4, 2016
It's all about temptation and if its going to happen or not :D But I could have written a better ending..Ya rekhmeeeen :P
January 3, 2016
September 2010 at scotiabank during TIFF.
October 22, 2015
I can honestly say that this movie is art in the purest form. The film is subtle yet thought provoking. Keira Knightly and Sam Worthington performed wonderfully. I now understand what people mean by a film being art.
½ September 30, 2015
An honest though unimpressive movie with decent performances, especially Keira Knightley, who shines in this story of doubt, desire and betrayal. Still, it is too bad that after ninety minutes of slow build-up it simply doesn't offer a real pay-off.
½ July 19, 2015
Very adult relationship drama. Well written and acted and relatable but not enough to make it memorable.
July 12, 2015
I have a girl crush on Kiera Knightley and her small sexy boobies. Tom thinks Eva Mendes looks like a man.
½ July 7, 2015
A dialogue heavy film riddled with uncoupling dialogue. A sleeper from start to finish.
July 3, 2015
If you don't get caught it ain't cheating.
June 21, 2015
The movie captures how complicated relationships can get and also the difference between women and men, their sensibility and awareness of their actions. I believe many can relate to those any characters.
½ June 3, 2015
Shallow character development is not a good quality in a talking heads movie. Nothing much happens during the first two thirds of the movie, and by the time it does happen (or looks like it will), you are too complacent to even care much. Knightly and Mendes are two of my favorites, but this snoozer of a story is too much for them to overcome.
½ March 18, 2015
Nice to look at study of (in)fidelity, but lacks memorable scenes
February 22, 2015
Keira Knightley carries the movie. Marriage is not easy and commitment can be tough. The screenplay could have left the film on its knees but good acting carries the burden of telling this story. It may feel slow but the longing gentle movements of camera give you a pause to feel the emotion and give you a chance to balance the reticence and exuberance of various characters in the story.
October 5, 2014
this film is stunning. such a well done portrayal of real life situations couples face. the question of what is worse, emotional or physical cheating. Worthington and Mendes have no real on screen connection but I guess for a physical connection all you need is lust. the ending may quite be the best part of this film, brilliantly done.
½ August 12, 2014
I actually felt this was an overall nicely film. The character development, I admit, was slightly less than up to par but the characters themselves were interesting. I really enjoyed Guillaume Canet especially and thought Eva Mendes fit perfectly into her role as the other woman. Sam Worthington was definitely where the casting went wrong but Kiera Knightly made up for it. The ambiguous ending was really a success for me and left me wanting to KNOW what is going to happen which is actually not that easy in film making. Watch it!
½ August 5, 2014
I think the movie is absolutely great. I loved the story as well as the actors and their interpretation. I think this movie is way too underrated, I really do. What's more, I love the realation between Joanna (Keira Knightley) and Alex (Guillaume Canet). You should really give this movie a chance.
½ August 1, 2014
This movie is slow, maybe very slow. It takes its time to develop. Not a scene is wasted, the dialogues are well structured and the characters are intriguing. The night seems infinite, it's everlasting. The musics are mixed perfectly with the images, they are very good, and create the perfect atmosphere. You really empathize with the characters. New York is charming at it's maximum. Then the topics: temptation, love and guilt, always good keys to open human minds and thoughts. And finally, it's impossible not to love Keira Knightley in this role!
May 27, 2014
A rather long-winded romantic drama that displays two individuals with a night of infidelity when the husband is out of town. The wife bumps into an old lover, while the husband has a somewhat passionate night with his colleague. Too bad it leaves out the aftermath of what happens the day after... The usage of a "twist ending" does not seem to be appropriate in a story like this. For the main actors, Keira Knightley and Guillaume Canet seem to be the only ones with decent acting. The onscreen chemistry between Sam Worthington and Eva Mendes is deeply lacking, especially since Worthington has a taciturn role.
February 28, 2014
Soso movie , good for once ...Keira mmm
February 22, 2014
Not bad , i thought the end would be better !