Last Night - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Last Night Reviews

December 23, 2017
100 minutes later you will feel like you wasted your time...it goes nowhere and has a completely inconclusive ending which makes you really feel like you wasted your time!
December 17, 2017
Loved this movie! Keira is stunning as always! Loved the plot! I need a sequel!!!!
½ October 2, 2017
The ending ruined a good movie, it's like they didn't know how to end it so they just didn't! They left it incomplete
December 31, 2016
It's good movie to watch
December 10, 2016
Joanna and Alex's relationship is front and center and much more compelling than Laura and Michael's. It's kind of guessing game between who folds first in a night filled with temptation and regrets.
½ June 4, 2016
It's all about temptation and if its going to happen or not :D But I could have written a better ending..Ya rekhmeeeen :P
January 3, 2016
September 2010 at scotiabank during TIFF.
October 22, 2015
I can honestly say that this movie is art in the purest form. The film is subtle yet thought provoking. Keira Knightly and Sam Worthington performed wonderfully. I now understand what people mean by a film being art.
½ September 30, 2015
An honest though unimpressive movie with decent performances, especially Keira Knightley, who shines in this story of doubt, desire and betrayal. Still, it is too bad that after ninety minutes of slow build-up it simply doesn't offer a real pay-off.
½ July 19, 2015
Very adult relationship drama. Well written and acted and relatable but not enough to make it memorable.
July 12, 2015
I have a girl crush on Kiera Knightley and her small sexy boobies. Tom thinks Eva Mendes looks like a man.
½ July 7, 2015
A dialogue heavy film riddled with uncoupling dialogue. A sleeper from start to finish.
July 3, 2015
If you don't get caught it ain't cheating.
June 21, 2015
The movie captures how complicated relationships can get and also the difference between women and men, their sensibility and awareness of their actions. I believe many can relate to those any characters.
½ June 3, 2015
Shallow character development is not a good quality in a talking heads movie. Nothing much happens during the first two thirds of the movie, and by the time it does happen (or looks like it will), you are too complacent to even care much. Knightly and Mendes are two of my favorites, but this snoozer of a story is too much for them to overcome.
½ March 18, 2015
Nice to look at study of (in)fidelity, but lacks memorable scenes
February 22, 2015
Keira Knightley carries the movie. Marriage is not easy and commitment can be tough. The screenplay could have left the film on its knees but good acting carries the burden of telling this story. It may feel slow but the longing gentle movements of camera give you a pause to feel the emotion and give you a chance to balance the reticence and exuberance of various characters in the story.
October 5, 2014
this film is stunning. such a well done portrayal of real life situations couples face. the question of what is worse, emotional or physical cheating. Worthington and Mendes have no real on screen connection but I guess for a physical connection all you need is lust. the ending may quite be the best part of this film, brilliantly done.
½ August 12, 2014
I actually felt this was an overall nicely film. The character development, I admit, was slightly less than up to par but the characters themselves were interesting. I really enjoyed Guillaume Canet especially and thought Eva Mendes fit perfectly into her role as the other woman. Sam Worthington was definitely where the casting went wrong but Kiera Knightly made up for it. The ambiguous ending was really a success for me and left me wanting to KNOW what is going to happen which is actually not that easy in film making. Watch it!