Alice in Wonderland - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alice in Wonderland Reviews

March 30, 2018
Alice in Wonderland is a must see adventure!
½ March 30, 2018
The sole reason why Disney has been releasing endless love-action remakes of their animated films throughout this decade, Tim Burton's loose sequel to the Lewis Carroll stories may look stunning from a visual perspective in translating the original illustrations to live-action and some characters such as Stephen Fry's Cheshire Cat and Alan Rickman's Caterpillar are a joy to watch. However the whole idea of trying to turn Wonderland into a more logical Narnia-esque fantasy world and Mia Wasikowska and Johnny Depp's awful acting ultimately will make Carroll fans scream "Off with their heads!" which is a shame, given that Burton, one of the most creative directors of all time is usually a lot better at adapting this kind of material. Looks pretty, but lacks the right sort of imagination that Wonderland desperately needs.
March 25, 2018
Definitely does not live up to it's name.
½ March 17, 2018
Alice in Wonderland is visually stunning and stars phenomenal actors such as Johnny Depp, Matt Lucas and Helena Bonham Carter, but unfortunately, the once great Tim Burton is beginning to slip, and Alice in Wonderland is an example of this.
March 13, 2018
oh my. can't wait. johnny depp as the mad hatter?
½ March 11, 2018
This movie has good parts and bad parts. It is silly, but at least it makes a tad bit more sense than the animated version. I enjoyed the effects even though at times they seemed a bit rushed. Overall, I would say that I liked this one more than the critics did.
March 10, 2018
great movie worthwile seeing
½ February 21, 2018
Depp and Carter try to carry the movie, but the end result just isn't enough
February 14, 2018
I like the story but not this adaptation. A little too dark and serious. Disappointing. The second highest grossing film of 2010. GGN
February 6, 2018
Cinematography/Editing: 3
Age/Originality: 3
Total: 11/25
December 30, 2017
The main character is obviously adult that it was a bit ridiculous. It is only loosely based on the book. The mad hatter's tea party scene was so short it was almost pointless. It seems to go off on to some other plot entirely. I like some of the animation which makes it seem magical but there were times I felt it didn't work, like a clip when she was meant to be running away from a monster and she was jogging.
½ December 27, 2017
Everyone was so excited for this film that it made a billion dollars. Unfortunately, it wasn't anything special. But the money it made, for better or worse, launched the new wave of Live-Action Disney films.
So we can thank this film for the live action Cinderella and Jungle Book, and we can blame it for Maleficent and the uninspired live-action Beauty & The Beast.
December 19, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.0

Alice in Wonderland empieza con el pie derecho, con una prometedora premisa y un despliegue artístico más que disfrutable, sin embargo, conforme la película se va desarrollando cae estrepitosamente en personajes bufoneados, floja argumentación narrativa y un desenlace decepcionante.
November 19, 2017
Sounds very interesting
½ October 24, 2017
Filme com boas cenas de emoção, de aventura e ficção infantil. Todas estas de qualidade e que têm ligações entre elas, não perdendo o enredo e nem o desenvolvimento dos núcleos artísticos e do nem do núcleo artístico central. Uma superprodução digna de concorrer a prêmios e de ser campeão de bilheteria, como tem sido.
Além de atuações excelentes do elenco envolvido e de efeitos especiais de espécie respeitável. Muitas cores, filtro de suspense entusiasmante, cenários bonitos e trilha sonora fascinante, para manter qualquer telespectador, do adulto à criança, vidrados no filme do começo ao fim!
October 12, 2017
LOVED THE NEW APPROACH!!!
½ October 4, 2017
they shouldn't of done this
September 11, 2017
(4.5 out of 6)
When we dont know why we see some unexpected things, but do see we are destined to for great things when we are expected to. When we don't see how loved ones unexpectedly die, when it's their time to go. When we see we are expected to grow up but don't see why we are expected to do so in strange ways. When we still continue to see unexpected things when thinking of unexpected & impossible things runs in the family.
September 4, 2017
While the effects and setting was really great, I think it just emphasize how much money was thrown in and just how much more it disappoints. I never expected something otherwordly or epic, just the one feature that makes the book and all it's variations: that it was all a dream and dreams don't make sense. The one true thing about Alice in Wonderland is that, and by trying to make sense it blew in their faces. I'm not even gonna mention the characters, I just admired the colours and scenery to try and make the most of the money I threw in the theater.
September 2, 2017
Tim Burton makes a live-action Alice in Wonderland I thought it was pretty good my favorite character was the hatter he was pretty crazy and funny here is played by Johnny Depp who did a good job! And I do like the white rabbit what a good fairytale adventure!