Alice in Wonderland - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alice in Wonderland Reviews

December 5, 2016
An exceptionally dark take on the usually roast Lewis Carroll tale.
November 21, 2016
Not any were close to the magic of the first one.
½ November 9, 2016
A adventure movie gone wrong, the story is simply unappealing.
October 30, 2016
This film is an abomination of the original Lewis Carrol source material. I have just read "Alice's Adventures In Wonderland" to my 8 year old and can tell you this film resembles very little of it. I won't even go into a comparison or list of discrepancies because it would take too long. It would be easier to draw up a very short list of "similarities".

Johnny Depp does the best he can do in this horrendous attempt at cashing in on a classic title. The practice of naming a film on a classic work of literature and bastardizing it to the point of no recognition should be illegal, but what's to stop a Hollywood production house from writing a big fat cheque to the literary rights holders for its use.

The film is stereotypically dark as one would expect from Tim Burton. It makes me wonder how Burton could not have grown as an artist after 4 decades of spewing out the same "gothic" perspective on his craft.

I assume any bitch will bark for a biscuit.
October 26, 2016
Re-watched it, enjoyed it the second time.
It is at least better than Dark Shadows.
October 21, 2016
I'm so madly in love with this movie
October 4, 2016
Alice In Wonderland is splendidly a visual treat with awesome cinematic and directorial qualities, this adaptation is weak in almost every other single aspect. The script panders to the quirky, awkward teenager that can only appreciate style over substance, and the film lacks narrative heft, which would usually be acceptable for Burton, except that the film emphasizes such an epic story that makes no sense in a non-Alice In Wonderland kind of way. Such a disappointment for such a uniquely awesome director.
October 3, 2016
amazing, everything i hoped it would be and so much more! i loved it, the 3D was amazing, and i loved how they mixed the alice in wonderland and through the looking glass. super!
September 29, 2016
Love this movie. The acting, costumes and effects are perfection.
½ September 25, 2016
A CGI throw up that could have been so much more of it had a better, shorter, story with more engaging characters.
September 25, 2016
Out of nowhere, this movie came out after a very slow and disappointing start, and went out very strong. The second half of this movie is visually pleasing, the CGI to me, was actually not bad, and kept me entertained for the majority of the movie. Of course, I have to give credit to my favourite part of the movie, Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter. Unbelievable performance by Depp in this movie, without him I am almost certain I would've hated this movie. As for the overall feel of the movie, I liked the Tim Burton creepy sort of aspect it gave off, but I could tell for a Tim Burton movie it could have done a lot better. By the end, you didn't get the feel of a Disney movie, and as it stands, the original 1951 Alice In Wonderland beats out its 2010 remake. Overall however, it still surprised me as a good movie, and is worth watching if you're bored.
September 22, 2016
Tim Burton has done it again with a new movie Alice in wonderland is a great fairytale movie and a good plot to this movie the Queen of hearts made a good villain she was funny at times I thought this movie was a little creepy like the mad Hatter looked a little creepy. My favorite characters the white rabbit. This is a good movie for people if they like Tim Burton movies!
½ August 28, 2016
Alan Rickman and Johnny Depp do a great bunch of acting in this movie. Lost half a star because the Dragonic monster is called the "Jabberwock" in the books; the poem about it was "Jabberwocky".
½ August 22, 2016
33% - Alice In Wonderland squanders its good source material and converts it into a typical Tim Burton film with absolute creepy characters and unrealistic visual effects.
August 19, 2016
Vaguely interesting as pure hallucinatory cinema but disastrous on any other count.
August 14, 2016
It's good, but it Needs too much Improvement on the Script and the story and feels Almost messed up
½ August 11, 2016
i thought it was a really whimsical movie in a good way
johnny deep plays the hatter and i loved it! but however the movie mostly becomes a mind of its own since it doesn't follow what the book says the big headed queen will make you queasy the white queen will make you vomit and a lot of the other characters are just weird or weird looking compared to the cartoon movie but however it is somewhat interesting for adults but there are some parts that are just out placed
August 2, 2016
I've read of of Lewis Carrol and seen all the versions of Alice in Wonderland to date; I think today's audiences are a bit jaded, just like our world around us. To bad, I think this was a wonderful, fun movie. Loosen up people.
July 25, 2016
TIM BURTON DID IT AGAIN!
I can tell why people trying hard with johnny depp's makeup so he can really be the mad hatter but i think the disney original from the 1950's was bad enough!

His Other Movies are the same, His Old School Films are Awesome!

BEETLEJUICE: The Best!
NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS: A Fabulous Animated Family Film with lots of scary music and scenes and henry selick is a good director.
CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY: Should be called Charlie and The poo factory, How Immature am i? Very!
DARK SHADOWS: Should be called Dogshit.
THE LONE RANGER: Gore Verbinski Directed that Movie but it still have Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter in it, OMFG!

Alice in wonderland is a waste of time.

Score: 3.5/10
July 25, 2016
Alice in Wonderland is a visually excellent fantasy adventure classic!