HALO Legends - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

HALO Legends Reviews

½ November 7, 2016
its better than the fall of reach but its goos
September 4, 2016
Based on the popular video game franchise Halo is this animated 8 part series covering the origin and history of the halo universe.
March 6, 2016
An impressive collection of short stories that Halo fans should get a kick out've. Impressive animation and an entertaining piece of work that is well worth a watch if you've ever played the spectacular games.
December 22, 2015
Once again man fought man.

In the universe many legions form that will require the most powerful infantry to come to serve and protect, the Spartans. In some bowls of the universe there are evil menaces forming, in others a plague like outbreak is occurring, and in others war between humans plague peace and prosperity. Our heroes within the Spartans will need to come to the rescue in almost all cases.

"As they fought together, they stayed together, in peace."

Twelve Japanese anime directors collaborate to deliver seven short animated tales in Halo: Legends. The stories are very interesting and most had the perfect feel from the epic video game, right down to the soundtrack. The animation was solid to great (each story had a unique quality of animation).

"I told you I'm not a robot!"

I came across this on Netflix and had to add it to my queue. I adore the Halo video games, at least the first 3 or 4, and will watch all of these films (live action and animated). I really enjoyed this and felt the stories fit the feel of the game perfectly. This isn't an epic masterpiece, but better than Animatrix or the Chronicles of Riddick animated pictures. Overall, I recommend giving this a viewing.

"The galaxy also hides dark secrets..."

Grade: B
½ November 30, 2015
Great. A thrilling and entertaining addition to the Halo universe. While some of these stories are kind of shaky, most of them are great. This is definitely worth a watch.
½ May 10, 2015
Covers nothing new or significant, but still a good time nonetheless.
November 18, 2014
7 short stories from the Halo World, different style of animation used in each of them. Some of them were really good, other mediocre.
November 12, 2014
A decent package of short animated films from the Halo universe. With many differing styles and approaches to the subject, this collection does some good for the franchise despite some weak moments in storytelling and ambition.
October 25, 2014
There are certain parts that are very confusing in this movie. But the parts that I understood, I really liked. Maybe try it, but only if you're a Halo fan.
September 17, 2014
Non male. Le storie migliorano man mano fino allo splendido finale in CGI.
August 12, 2014
Very interesting and cool stories from Halo lore. Must watch for die-hard Halo fans such as myself.
½ April 28, 2014
Well that was retarded. Why are the flash clones that replaced the spartans alive? Wtf they changed the entire storyline. They made the female spartans look weak and japanese female-y. This was so bad.
February 11, 2014
5 stars for the backstory of the first 2 chapters
October 28, 2013
quite a reasonable way to fill in some back-story
September 15, 2013
This is a very cool anime feature. They saved the best for last; specifically the CGI animated episode which I really enjoyed. It's worth it for Halo fans and sci-fi anime fans alike.
September 15, 2013
September 9, 2013
the only reason I say it is omg because I have seen it before and for some reason it does not let me watch any movies
July 9, 2013
Halo legends best video game movie ever animated
½ July 9, 2013
HALO Legends is like Batman: Gotham Knight and The Animatrix in that it is a anthology movie that contains eight episodes chronicling the much beloved HALO video game universe.
The tales told include (but are not limited to): A soldier with no emotion fighting off Covenant forces in a badass power armor suit, a group of ODST's and a SPARTAN assassinating a Prophet, the origin of The Flood and The Forerunners, and a SPARTAN down on his luck. All of the episodes are well animated, containing some breathtaking moments, and the many action scenes are pure eye candy. The dialogue is well penned and well voiced, with the strongest episode being the origins of the SPARTAN program. However, the one episode that really sticks out in a "not so god" kind of way is the one about the unlucky SPARTAN, in that it tries to be all jokey and shit. Problem is, not all of the jokes are funny.
But despite the one episode being mediocre, the rest of the episodes are incredible and should be seem by anime fans, and if you are a HALO fan like me this is a must buy.
½ July 7, 2013
Although it had action, comedy, and a wide variety of artwork for the segments, I expected for it to tell a story which it didnt offer. Not even close.