13 Going on 30 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

13 Going on 30 Reviews

August 2, 2017
I love this film so Jenna she wishes she could be 30 but she stuck as a 13-year-old at her 13th birthday she got some wishing dust and she wished she could be 30 wishing just fell on her head when she woke up the next morning she was 30 she was a bit confused of what to do she didn't know she had a hot husband and her job was a bit confusing how old friend married somebody else when she wanted to marry her old friend but then when she turned 13 she lives her life and then when she turned 30 she married her old friend Matt
August 1, 2017
A funny cliché romance movie. Mark Ruffalo was great.
July 31, 2017
I knew this movie existed, I just never watched it until I saw it on Netflix. It was a nice surprise! The actors did a really good job and the story was nicely told. Jennifer Garner was very solid with her role and so was Mark Ruffalo...and who doesn't like the dance scenes? GOOD! 3/5 OR 6/10
July 19, 2017
love this movie! brings back so many memories!
July 17, 2017
There are only a handful of romantic comedies that I have truly fallen in love with, and this one is certainly near the top of the list. Jennifer Garner does an amazing job in this movie, even if the movie itself isn't all that original. This movie just gets me every time.
July 7, 2017
Esse filme é um dos meus favoritos desse gênero.
A coreografia de Thriller na festa... só amores!
½ June 30, 2017
13 Going on 30: 3 out of 10: First of all I would like to throw my full weight behind any effort to give Jennifer Garner a special Oscar for best performance in a pretty bad movie. She is delightful and plays the character better than written.

In addition I would like to absolve any of her co-stars from any possible negative career ramifications due to their appearances in this film. They also did a fine job. And last I would like security to please apprehend the writers and director whom I see sneaking out the fire escape.

Okay the director gets community service for making some pretty obvious soundtrack mistakes for 1987 (he highlights as the supposed geeky underground song Burning Down the House which was featured in as a jock anthem in Revenge of the Nerds three years earlier and as MTV fodder he highlights Thriller from 1983 which was already in the Halloween ghetto mix by 1987.) The writers get life in prison without parole. First question. Have they ever worked in any office anywhere, let alone a supposed fashion magazine? They get so much wrong I don't know where to begin. Second though Garner's performance is great her character is a mess. She finds older guys icky in one scene and is attracted to them in the next and then back to icky. She handles her cutthroat business environment with more maturity than most thirty year olds let alone thirteen year olds.

Instead of going into a Being There Chauncey kind of vibe where Garner's character's inane utterances are taken as genius the film actually makes her more proactive than either her shy thirteen year old self would be or her cutthroat thirty year old self was. No working woman cliché is ignored and the less said about the sappy and ridiculous ending the better.

The whole body swap time travel deal was actually the most believable part of the film. Certainly more believable than a doll house building, fairy dust collecting, fat boy next door growing up to be a thin straight single guy living in Greenwich Village or more than one drunk person remembering any of the dance moves from the Thriller video.
April 12, 2017
Es una película muy buena, me encanta
March 12, 2017
I loved the eighties music. This is not my usual kind of movie, but I enjoyed this one.
February 28, 2017
Such an amazing movie. Popularity and getting the cutest guy wouldn't matter in the next 10 years or so. Really learned s lot through this movie!
February 18, 2017
downright funny with an uplifting message
½ February 6, 2017
13 Going on 30 is enjoyable for well... kids around 13 and ill agree with that. First, the plot is odd but in a fun way start out 13 and your 30 in a snap. Confusing yes. Fun yes. Next, the cast with Jennifer and Mark as the leads are what really saved this movie. Other cast members are good, but these two are the best bunch out of all. Another thing is the movie brings its fair share of laughs and dramatic moments to. The romance is as well to but odd type that is uncomfortable or alright. The movie is funny but behind that is boring. Let me explain, you laugh and you notice she is 30 things will take off but its still awkward. To not end like this ill say the messages are great about staying young and real world problems when growing up. Over all its charming, funny, weird, boring, and positive. 3 1/2 stars 76%
February 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 25, 2016
One of my all time favorite comedy love stories.
½ November 29, 2016
Clássico da Sessão da Tarde, menina quer virar adulta e do nada passa a ter 30 anos e esquece de exatamente tudo o que viveu, sendo que descobre que virou uma pessoa que ela não gostaria de ser, abandonou seu melhor amigo de infância, bem como ficou amiga de uma sem vergonha de sua infância... divertido, mas cansativo...
½ September 17, 2016
Thirty, flirty and thriving.
August 23, 2016
Just one of those delightful wish-fulfillment fantasies that you gotta watch when it comes on TBS. The "Big" concept + time travel is much more palatable, with Jenna already having a real adult life, rife with sordid history that she must "A Christmas Carol" her way out of. Jennifer Garner and Mark Ruffalo are both so sweet and adorkable that you'll want to smash all the dollhouses.
June 9, 2016
Mark Ruffalo gives a great performance, and his character is well-written, but everyone else is a cliche with poor dialogue. Too much of the plot happens as the result of coincidences with it being so unbelievable that I found it distracting. I didn't particularly like what it ultimately does with the Ruffalo-Jennifer Garner love story, although I did find its ending cute and a redeeming quality of it.
½ May 31, 2016
Way better then I originally thought funny and with a lot of heart
April 9, 2016
I was unsure throughout whether this was for a mature audience or for the pre-teens who would find Garner's performance not cringeworthy. The concept was nice enough, and the ending pays off in a nice way. The protagonist's demeanor through her ordeal occasionally pays off but can often be a struggle to watch.