What Women Want - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

What Women Want Reviews

July 1, 2014
I like this type of Chinese comedy where u don't have to focus too much to watch it.
October 5, 2013
I like it better than the american verison
½ June 9, 2013
This movie was better than the American verison in many ways. I don't know why so many people dislike it., Andy Lau is a better actor than Mel Gibson
March 16, 2013
I'm curious, but not curious enough.... On netflix but poor reviews.
½ October 13, 2012
just nothing like Mel Gibson and Helen Hunt's version. A bit disappointing.
½ October 6, 2012
just watch it if u have any spare time, well it's sort of OK thou the story was the exact same one as the "mel gibson's version"
October 4, 2012
Cheesy. Only watched it to kill time. Andy Lau is sometimes too overboard with his acting. And Gong Li is too old.
September 14, 2012
It was ok. Always fun to listen to Chinese. :)
August 26, 2012
Characters are more likeable and more interesting than the Mel Gibson/Helen Hunt characters of the original. Definitely more interesting than the original.
June 20, 2012
same as the Mel Gibson version
June 14, 2012
Longer than it should have been the story-line was pretty dull and not that interesting.... the acting was good and i liked the ending.. but overall not really worth watching.
½ December 21, 2011
A Mandarin version remake of the Mel Gibson version. Entertaining!
blizzpirate
December 11, 2011
December 3, 2011
it is weird that this version is better then the original hahah
½ November 23, 2011
1.5: This was very, very strange. Most of the film is an almost exact recreation of the Hollywood version, except with different characters and far more beautiful women. However, there are certain scenes that are added and others that are removed. The explicit sex scenes are nowhere to be seen, as is the scene in which the invisible office girl is readying to attempt suicide. So, despite China's attempt to embrace Hollywood, there are still taboo areas. They've added scenes involving Andy Lau/Mel Gibson's characters father as well, which speaks volumes about the role of family and the patriarch in Chinese society. On the whole the film is moderately entertaining, but a bit of a disappointment. I can't think of other Chinese adaptations of American films at the moment, but I was hoping for something better. I guess adaptations of earlier films are inferior whether going from America to China or vice versa (for the most part at least as there are arguably a few exceptions). Andy Lau was adequate here, while Gong Li was stunning as always. I picked this up on Blu-Ray during my recent trip to Hong Kong.
October 16, 2011
A really terrible and boring remake. Like the original more after watching this.
September 25, 2011
there were sporadic entertaining moments but this remake was mostly a wasted exercise. gong li looked quite va-va-voom in those corporate getup though.
September 19, 2011
Original one is much better
½ September 11, 2011
Too dry, long & boring with lingering smell of Chinese stale & her own "unique humour".
½ June 11, 2011
Better than the original!