A Brony Tale Reviews

• Apr 11, 2019

An interesting documentary on male My Little Pony fans. At first take you may be a little weirded out but it's an interesting film for sure. It had some truly moving moments.

• Jan 04, 2018

Weird af but I'm game. My wife took the kids, but whatevs.

Weird af but I'm game. My wife took the kids, but whatevs.

• Jul 28, 2016

Weirdly, I Totally Got This. Never Had An Interest In The Cartoon, But I Think The Idea Of Having 'Positive Escapism' In A World, Reacting To So Much Painful News..It Is Something I Get & I Also Indulge In Escapism Of The Musical (Trance-Dance) Side, But Not This.

• Jan 24, 2016

I was a little skeptical but it was good

I was a little skeptical but it was good

• Oct 24, 2015

Interesting. Not cool.

Interesting. Not cool.

• Oct 03, 2015

And people wonder why most professional critics have little respect for Rotten Tomatoes. A Brony Tale is an asinine, egotistical, obnoxious mess of a film starring a voice actress who ironically can't actually act and an assortment of men who look like top notch contender's for this year's Darwin Awards. But of course don't take my word for it, watch it yourself and from your own opinion. I'm sure most if not everyone who sees this will think I'm some ignorant guy who hates bronies, but really that's not the case. I just see the subculture for what it is; the consequences of living in a first world country.

• Aug 08, 2015

I watched this documentary because I wanted to know more about what a Brony is. It follows Ashleigh Ball, who voices characters on the current My Little Pony show, and talks to actual Bronies. It is very interesting and informative but doesn't fully provide answers to everything. It would have been nice to hear more from people that work on the show or more about the movement itself.

• May 13, 2015

I loved it! Fantastic movie

I loved it! Fantastic movie

• Apr 12, 2015

This film focuses alot on the good of Bronies, which I appreciate. But its also not fair. The film doesn't really focus on the bad of Bronies either, which is there. Also, I wish we got to know some of the crew members of the show a little more as well as some of the actual Bronies. If you want to know more about the Brony culture, this is a great place to start. But if you are Brony, there isn't really a reason to watch it. Four stars. 78% on my Tomatometer.

• Mar 10, 2015

A strangely insightful documentary about the unbelievable fan base of the tv show My Little Pony & how the average age is 21 year old straight males. The film focuses on the carefree spirit Ashleigh Ball (Main VO Actress for My Little Pony) & her step of faith to attending the Brony Con in NYC. As strange as the subject matter & fans are of this series it has a charm to it & I found myself fascinated by this odd magical world.