A Haunted House - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Haunted House Reviews

MANUGINO
½ January 24, 2013
This $*%! ain't paranormal!

Mediocre funny movie! There's not much you can say about this film. This is one of those cases where you either are the audience for this film or you're not. If you're a fan of the first two Scary Movies, have an admiration for the Wayans brothers, and dig the advertisements for this film, you'll walk out of there with some good laughs here and there. If you completely despise these movies, or this type of humor in general, you'll walk out feeling cheated. All in all, it's not as bad as you're led to believe, but it's still pretty flimsy.

Malcolm and Kisha move into their dream home, but soon learn a demon also resides there. When Kisha becomes possessed, Malcolm - determined to keep his sex life on track - turns to a priest, a psychic, and a team of ghost-busters for help.
½ September 11, 2013
It is what you should expect.
blkbomb
½ February 13, 2013
Malcolm: You made a deal with the devil for a pair of shoes?

"This $*%! ain't paranormal."

For some reason beyond my control, I have watched a movie that I said I never would. I'm more sick of these ridiculous horror spoofs than anyone, but for some reason, my better judgement is always one upped by my fascination for how bad these things can be. In the end, the only thing that keeps me watching these, is seeing just how terrible they can get. A Haunted House happens to be pretty fucking terrible.

Malcolm's new girlfriend moves into his house and he is going to document their new beginning. When things start happening in the house it is brought to Malcolm's attention that his a demon followed his girlfriend to his house. So basically think Paranormal Activity, but taken to the most ridiculous levels.

The humor is what you'd expect. A lot of race jokes, fart jokes, etc. None of the humor was at all intelligent or in any way funny, but as long as the 10 year olds are laughing, I guess that's all that matters. I don't know how anyone could find any enjoyment in this at all.

A Haunted House is a disgrace and just a terrible movie in general. As far as a recommendation goes, my recommendation would be to stay as far away from this one as possible. Don't see it. Unless of course seeing a sheet move because of a woman's gas puts you into fits of laughter. If not, this one is not for you.
½ July 25, 2013
When this film begins, you think that you are in for something different from what you are used to seeing in new spoof comedies, and you kind of do get that, but with some horrible jokes as well, but once the second Act kicks in, the film follows everything that every single spoof movie does nowadays. It makes dumb turns in it's story and almost follows beat for beat the plot of "Paranormal Activity." Sure it's supposed to spoof the film, but at least make up something new. "A Haunted House" is the type of film that will hold your slightest attention for about 20 minutes and then you will o longer laugh and your mind will begin to wander. This is lowest-common-denominator filmmaking at it's finest, and I hated this film, but it has a few fine chuckles throughout so I will give credit to where credit is due. It tried a little harder than some of the other attempts. Just don't bother.
½ May 24, 2013
Unimaginative and unsophisticated. Satire requires wit...this is just dumb.
½ May 27, 2013
I like the very first "Scary Movie", but the rest of them suck and just aren't funny. So, when this came out, I just rolled my eyes and expected it to be total crap. But, I gotta admit, I wasn't completely right about that. This movie is dumb, and there are quite a few moments that aren't funny. But, there are more than a few, that are hysterical. I thought this was funnier than I expected by a lot, but my expectations were pretty low. For those that don't know, this is a parody of the "Paranormal Activity" movies starring Marlon Wayans. If you enjoy those or movies like "Scary Movie", then you should find this entertaining. If you don't, then skip it and never look back. Just know, it's better than it should be, but it's still not that great.
April 25, 2013
Stupid and immature, a bit like me then. Loved it
½ January 23, 2013
I didn't expect much but I thought there would be a few silly laughs, and it didn't even deliver on that.
½ June 25, 2013
From Marlon Wayans comes the horror spoof film, A Haunted House. While the parodies mostly center on the Paranormal Activity series, there's also some riffing on other recent horror films (such as The Last Exorcism). A few of the sketches are clever, but the comedy mostly goes for cheap laughs and raunchy humor. Though there's some hilarity to it, A Haunted House is generic and shallow.
December 29, 2012
had a little chuckle but not as epic as I hoped it would be.
January 11, 2013
This was quite a funny film. Though it was a little raunchy and sometimes overly inappropriate. It works because amongst the laughs there are still some scary movie jumps.
ascordeiro108
February 10, 2013
This $*%! ain't worth watching!
First 15 minutes, yeah ok, rest of the movie...horrible -.-
February 2, 2013
"A Haunted House" is on a borderline. While it is mostly not funny or even creative, it is actually better than the upcoming sequel to the "Scary Movie" franchise, which almost comes off rated PG. The least that can be said for "A Haunted House" is that is embraces its R rating. However, overall, this film is just not funny. We are served with caricatures and stereotypes of every denomination, from racist rednecks, to homosexuals, to angry black thugs. The film struggles for laughs and to put things into perspective, I only laughed once, when Marlon Wayans and Essence Atkins attempt to ignore the ghost as it acts like child starving for attention. That sequence of events, I will admit, was hilarious, but to put up with 86 minutes of film for a one minute portion that is funny, just doesn't scream efficiency. I also wonder where Essence Atkins came from and why she was the choice for leading actress in this film, with no star quality and very poor screen presence. Chances are we will not be seeing her around except for spoof movies, and we can only pray that there isn't enough left to spoof to bring on a sequel.
½ September 19, 2013
A film so monotonous, so lazy, so underwhelming that it is only mildly tolerable because of its 'all-star' supporting cast, which consists of the likes of Nick Swardson, Cedric the Entertainer, J.B. Smoove, Andrew Daly and David Koechner. (Heavy sarcasm implied, hence the quotation marks.) Don't watch it with people you hold in high esteem unless those said people have an appreciation for fart/gay/masturbation jokes and (probably) inflicting both mental and physical pain upon themselves. I mean, seriously, just how bad must one film be in order for an appearance from Nick Swardson to be considered a redeeming quality?
January 2, 2013
The part where that one guy goes, "What happened to yo furniture, cuz?" before it falls on him just gets me every time I see it in one of the commercials...! I was sure it would end up being even FUNNIER in the MOVIE...!!!!! AND IT WAS...!!!! MUCH, MUCH better than my experience with Red Dawn BY FAR...!!!!! THIS experience WAS AWESOME...!!!!!!
January 25, 2016
The film might as well be named another Scary Movie sequel, for Haunted House tries incredibly too hard to offer comedic moments.
½ June 8, 2015
A haunted house is more comedically focused and consistent than Scary Movie 5, but that doesn't stop it from falling back on most of the formulas, despite some good laughs
½ May 25, 2015
A Haunted House is one of the funniest movies of all time. 10%? These critics don't have a sense of humor. If you want a movie with nothing but laughs, look no further.
March 5, 2015
First 75% Funny and me us look away... Last 25% (minutes) Just bored.. Walked outta the room a couple times.