Aakrosh - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Aakrosh Reviews

½ September 26, 2012
The only thing carrying this is Akshaye Khanna's acting. Lacks a proper script and Priyadarsan doesn't know how to direct, especially in serious movies. Storyline has some premise but doesn't really develop well.
October 1, 2011
After long runs of comedy movies, Priyadarshan is back to his type of movie as in violence/political/corruption. Priyan is very good director in both genre. Aakrosh is the perfect name for this movie with well casted. Ajay Devgn steals the show although Akshaye did good job as well. Reema sen is back after long time with good talent. Its sad that she didnt get enough chances. Bipasha is out from the glamour world to a simplicity with just a saree and sindoor. Looks a true beauty. Music has no importance in this movie and the soundtracks weren't good enough except for 1 song.
This is a very good and well made movie. This movie is not for everyone's taste but if you like violence, corruption then this is the movie for you.
July 23, 2011
Sense of justice that fires in you...........
June 7, 2011
Typical Devgan movie .. Too much fighting and intense but one time watch for sure
March 22, 2011
One of the best works by Priyadarshan in Hindi. It's a mirror to the dark aspects of Indian society, dealing with a lot of issues from honour killings and anti-dalit violence to domestic violence. The story is predictable, but the screenplay is compelling enough. I'm not sure how this film will appeal if you have already seen "Mississippi Burning", but I think Priyan did a good job in porting it to Indian scenario, as ever :)
½ January 25, 2011
cast and acting iz great but the script is weak. feel and atmosphere in film iz spot-on but it just doesn't engage you enough that u care about the subject matter.

could have been a great film but just fails to take-off and achieve what it could/should have.
½ January 22, 2011
The Bollywood copy of "Mississippi Burning" with a flavor of Bourne type chase and It happened one night'' blend !story was strong, casting was good and Priyadarshan's direction always creates something, somehow I couldn't dislike the movie.
½ January 16, 2011
Surprisingly good, definitely underated.
January 11, 2011
Amazing movie!!!.......a gr8 one amongst such foul releases of its time!
January 9, 2011
This is one of the few good movies Bollywood has churned out in the year of duds (i.e 2010). With the subject of 'honor killing' as the backdrop - the movie is strong, hard-hitted, well made and acted, and with an extremely watchable pace ... ! The only problem is that the action is a bit Dabangg like (OTT) so be ready for that!!
January 4, 2011
saw tht movie a nite BFOR salman taseer's assassination, @ tht time me thanked Lord Almighty n Prophet SAWAW tht v r blessed vd Pakistan...thn ths happened...v r no different thn thm!a very serious & real movi do watch ths one...for ur own sake
½ January 4, 2011
The subject was strong, the performances were great, the pace was good.....what went wrong? The execution. There were a lot of scenes that were unnecessary (read: useless action scenes) and took away from the serious subject matter. The main leads, Ajay & Akshaye (the detectives), made so many errors in judgement, it made me want to hit them - clearly, this is a flaw with the writing. There were holes in characterization! Why was Bipasha's character shown as living in the village her entire life, yet she was running around in short skirts & dresses in her past with Ajay? With the exception of "Saude Baazi," all the songs were completely unnecessary. Sameera Reddy sunk to a new low with her item number (Ishq Se Meetha). I'm pointing out all the negatives, but I DID point out the positives in the first line. The subject of honor killings is interesting and very pertinent in India today. The performances by Akshaye, Ajay & Bipasha are GREAT. I wouldn't say any of them deserve a best actor/actress nomination, but they did extremely well with what they were given. The director and the writer created flaws in what could've been a great movie. I would still recommend it, but watch it on a rainy day when you have nothing better to do.
January 1, 2011
I am giving this film 1 star rating. Its a scene to scene copy of Mississippi Burning. Every twist and turn is copied. Zero originality except an item song. Oh yes makers have made 1 big change in this film from Mississippi Burning. They have replaced "F" from FBI to "C" making it CBI. Thank god they used their brains in showing CBI officers doing investigation instead of FBI agents.. :)
December 26, 2010
Good movie over honour killings in our country.......I will be waiting for the day when we are known as Indians rather than being associated with a prticular society, caste and religion.....
December 23, 2010
A rip off of Mississipi Burning, nevertheless entertaining, gritty, some good chase sequences and good show by the starcast.
½ December 23, 2010
After a long tym different subject,different hindi movie..though its much violent but i liked it..Ajay Devgan is tooo good
½ December 2, 2010
liked the movie alot and reminded me of mississipi burning.. paresh, devgan and khanna acted very well.. overall a well made movie
November 24, 2010
Bollywood version of 'Mississippi Burning'.
½ November 13, 2010
The direction is smart. The joy of seeing a director, with so many awful films to his name, make such brilliant camera.

Paresh Rawal-AWESUM
plays is the one you want to see beaten to a pulp. Such emotion for an actor. - you can judge the power of his act.

Ajay Devgn-NICE
Bipasha Basu-SUCKS
Akshaye Khanna-okay

Songs are pathetic

writing is that there is no flow between scenes. The events all look too disjointed.
½ November 9, 2010
Good movie with excellent theme.