Accepted - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Accepted Reviews

November 16, 2016
Accepted is a highly flimsy, but enjoyable comedy about a high school loser, who creates a fake college in order to impress his parents, after being denied admittance to every school he's applied to. The problem: word gets out about "South Harmon Institute for Technology" and the characters are forced to educate a large group of misfits, who were also rejected, in order to keep the ruse alive. The film stars Justin Long as Bartleby Gaines, a prankster genius who has to commit to the ultimate lie, and Long completely owns this movie with perfect comedic timing and great energy. The supporting cast features Blake Lively, Lewis Black, Columbus Short, Maria Thayer, and an almost unrecognizable Jonah Hill, who nearly steals the show with his hilarious, and clearly improvised lines. The cast is for sure the strong-point here, as the premise is paper-thin and the con would never last longer than a day considering they're even sharing most of the name with a neighbouring school. Some of the comedy also suffers from feeling dated, with the cast mostly improvising their lines and that style of comedy doesn't always land as well as it should. Still, this is a highly amusing, bubblegum comedy that features a talented young cast and a really funny premise that will work if you turn your brain off!
½ November 14, 2016
I LOVED THIS MOVIE!!! the makers of American Pie have done it again. Justin Long is a really good actor too. great movie.
September 9, 2016
Not a great movie, but really fun to watch whatsoever
July 5, 2016
"Accepted" is formulatic but nonetheless heartwarmingly funny.
½ June 27, 2016
Accepted is funny and great. A movie about people who don't get accepted into their college make up their own college is brilliant. This movie has a great plot. I would very much suggest this movie.
May 14, 2016
Funny, fast and messy.
April 28, 2016
Not enough laughs and the story is pretty generic... Such a pity with a decent cast at its disposal. The plot is horribly flimsy and the tale of outcasts who find acceptance has been repeated since the 80s. Unfortunately for me, Accepted gets rejected.
Resonant Line: "Bartleby Gaines: I could go to jail.
Uncle Ben: Don't worry, you're young. Your butt can take it."
½ February 13, 2016
pretty dumb. cheesy story. not very funny. jonah hill was about the only funny thing in this movie, and he didn't even have that many parts. the good thing for justin long is that he still got to show that he's a pretty good actor in this pretty terrible movie (2 viewings)
½ February 11, 2016
This was really enjoyable and fun, even though it's preposterous and some of the supporting characters are unfunny and annoying
½ January 7, 2016
Not hilarious all the time but that was lowkey deep as balls
January 1, 2016
Good movie. It's plot is a decent blend of originality and formula, the jokes are pretty funny and smart, and the performances are solid, especially Long.
½ November 14, 2015
Kinda like a sequel to the great Superbad if Seth was smart.

Not awful. Good lazy Saturday movie. Justin Long is decent.
½ November 12, 2015
Great movie learning to accept others.
October 25, 2015
A funny college comedy that would have worked better if it was a little more raunchy like American Pie. Still, a fun lightweight film.

Grade: B
½ October 8, 2015
"Ask me about my wiener!!!"
August 31, 2015
Acceptable education vs Exceptional education.
½ August 7, 2015
a flat out hilarious movie. why are there not more screwball comedies like this these days????
August 6, 2015
Not a great comedy, but a decent comedy. Lewis Black was great, and Justin Long was great as well. A few laugh out loud moments, but for the most part it was kind of meh......
½ July 29, 2015
For me this movie was funny!!! I enjoyed tonight with this movie. However, the story was not clear in many points! I gave a b
July 26, 2015
For those who HAD gone through it, a ok night to sit around and chillex