Adela - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Adela Reviews

March 18, 2016
love moves do you ??????????????????

?(?^?)?
June 25, 2011
More than half of the movie Linda was walking all over the south of Manila. The story unfolds slowly but as you know the character, her life becomes more heartbreaking.
January 6, 2011
Nobody arrived
Birthday noodles gone to waste
Solitude, sadness.
October 17, 2009
somehow.. i can feel her sadness, loneliness... makes me sad, makes me think a lot, and makes me miss Philippines even more...
October 14, 2009
The film is really great in a sense that it will transpire to reality and make you feel the world at a glimpse of a single imagination being the one portrayed in the movie.
½ August 22, 2009
It had potential. Utterly boring.
½ August 2, 2009
A deeply meditative Filipino film on growing old and being estranged from loved ones, Adela is a powerful story that will challenge and impress viewers. With lingering scenes and slow exposition, we become privy to a day in the life of Lola Adela, an 80 year old grandmother who lives on her own in one of Manila's many 'garbage ghettos'. Though she may be elderly, she is still active and vital within her community, but longingly pines for the company and affection of the children she seldom sees. Perhaps too slow and depressing for some, this is an ultimately rewarding piece of burgeoning Filipino cinema that brings to focus the universal themes of loneliness and abandonment; the sad and lonely life that some people live.
½ April 5, 2009
As time passes I am more positive about this film. It was slow and gruellingly sad. To spend a lifetime 'living' and have no one at the end of your life to acknowledge or appreciate your efforts is wrenchingly heartbreaking. Poor Adela. I hope she went into those woods and drowned herself in the river, because it could only get worse. This is a very depressing look at a very depressing life.