All Nighter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

All Nighter Reviews

July 25, 2017
great performance and screenplay. I will not say it is at the same level as The art of getting by but is something special for nowadays.
½ July 13, 2017
Charming fun !! Almost old fashion Hollywood amazed at the haters even Rex Reed drops the ball on this one....Yes the film explains the SNOWFLAKE Generation accurately! And even redeems them! Yes there is HOPE and thankfully very little Change!!!
July 1, 2017
Great movie. Really Funny.
June 19, 2017
6/18/17 Amazon Video
The critics are a little harsh on this movie. While far from great or hilarious it is entertaining and funny in parts. JK Simmons is always a good actor to watch.
June 15, 2017
A thoughtful movie that is fun to watch primarily because of the 2 leads. If you don't care for them I'd pass on it.
June 15, 2017
JK Simmons and Emile Hirsch have such amazing comedic timing - if you're looking for a laugh, see this film!!
April 19, 2017
A workaholic father (J.K. Simmons) discovers that his daugther has disappeared, is forced to team up with her awkward ex (Emile Hirsch) to find her over the course of one colorful night.
This is probably the highest score you will see in any review for the new comedy All Nighter" because it's not special or anything... but I liked it.
It's basically just another genre movie for those who just can't get enough of Hangover" type of one crazy night" comedies, last seen as Office Christmas Party" if memory serves me right.
Compared to many usual raunchy comedies, there's no large colorful cast with famous faces cameo-ing at unexpected places. It's mostly two leading men driving around, meeting a bunch of comic relief characters ready to out-embarrass themselves and each other.
But the reliefs are mostly hits rather than misses (Jon Daly, Taran Killam, the-ever reliable Kristen Schaal from Flight of the Conchords"). Also, Simmons and Hirsch men are good carrying out the buddy comedy part with their strict and authoritative older man / lost younger stoner type schticks.
Simmons is at the center of the movie, and deservedly so, because he's offering his usual gold grade-A standard work, managing to wring the most out of even character so shallow and one-note as this must have been on paper.
He can bring funny, he can bring heartfelt, he can bring cool... every nuance of his performance is just joy to witness. Love him! Think of it as kind of his one man show, if you need another reason to watch it.
Yes, it's all been done to death before and the screenplay is actually mediocre. But the result carries itself well enough, comic timing seems spot on across the board, and it ends soon enough, in 86 minutes.
I liked the characters, I liked the performers, I was amused and had a couple of good laughs - I would not say this about every one crazy night" comedy I've seen.
April 17, 2017
Cute movie, worth watching...I don't understand the scoring on here sometimes, another movie with the same audience average rating had 62% liked it?
April 15, 2017
Great flick. Lots of comedy.
April 6, 2017
Very entertaining movie!
March 29, 2017
Seriously I was entertained from start to finish. This is by no means a ZERO % movie. J.K Simmons was amazing. He was great. I am sooooo glad I didn't pay attention to these reviews and just gave it a chance.
March 27, 2017
Emile Hirsch channels Jack Black in this mostly fun buddy picture. A believable awkward chemistry works between the two lead characters, yet some of the supporting cast are a bit over the top. Very little violence and or nudity.
March 26, 2017
I thought very funny movie JK and Emile have a good connection . They play off each other well !!!!
March 26, 2017
That role supposed going to Robert De Niro, right?
March 26, 2017
Tons of cliches. The good leads couldn't save this.
March 25, 2017