Alone in the Dark - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alone in the Dark Reviews

August 2, 2017
too bad for my liking
July 19, 2017
I'm so sad that one of my favorite bands wasted a song on this pile of trash they called a movie.

to bad for Nightwish for its song I wish i had an angel.

I bet some people hate that song just because it was in this movie and that is sad since its a good song but it wasn't meant for this movie.

if you can call it that. its so sad that one of my favorite bands wasted one of there best songs on this pile of trash they called a movie.

not to mention the story is bad, the effects are bad, the editing is horrid.

one of the biggest waste of 20 million dollars i have ever seen.
June 15, 2017
Not scary. Likely made for kids even though marketed to adults. Not worth watching at all.
½ June 15, 2017
Wow! This is- a really, really bad movie.
½ May 25, 2017
Boring, boring, boring.
½ March 18, 2017
Disappointing on so many levels, this movie deserves all of the suck awards it can get. Despite good actors and a promising beginning/mystery, it just goes south so fast. All of the performances are phoned in, and nothing is believable.
½ March 8, 2017
A verry strange movie.
½ February 18, 2017
My first Uwe Boll film and hopefully my last. There is nothing redeeming about this and is therefore a contender for the worst film I have ever seen. The acting is abysmal, the production is laughable, the editing is riddled with mistakes, the score is awful (as well as the original music), the camerawork is headache inducing, the special effects are poor, there are no scares, it is utterly tensionless, the script is stupid, the plot is illogical and the action is yawn inducingly bad. This isn't even so bad its good, this is just plain awful. DO NOT WATCH.
½ January 13, 2017
A work of near inexplicable ineptitude that gets a half of a star from me for sheer watchability.
December 18, 2016
This movie is so bad/inept, it even fails at being "so bad it's good." It's just bad, boring, and incoherent. You don't really know what the hell is going on half the time because (1) the film is sloppy convoluted mess and (2) you just don't care enough to pay attention. You'd think that casting Tara Reid as an archaeologist would cause the camp value to go through the roof. Nope. Boring awful is the worst kind of awful.
½ October 23, 2016
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
½ October 8, 2016
First time I watched a movie and at the end still had no idea what was going on.
August 21, 2016
Another terrible film by Uwe Boll.
½ July 25, 2016
I'm so angry at uwe boll making such terrible movies.
They Fail at movies being based on good video games.
OVERALL: Uwe Boll is not trying to make any good movie whatsoever,
I have seen In the Name of the King, It was bad but No. 2 was worse,
No I am not interested in seeing Bloodrayne, i heard reviews!

5 minutes is enough of me watching this shit.

Score: 0/10
½ July 20, 2016
This movie is utter garbage plain and simple, It is the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. This movie represents the original source material, like Mario Brothers the movie represents the game and Spawn the movie represents the comic; in other word it has next too nothing with game it was based on. Even the action scenes were awful and there are so many moments in the movie that are never explained, like when Hudgens is seen injecting himself with the blood of the monsters; what is the point of that? Not only that, but there are times when the characters come off as completely morons. Like when Aline asked "If you want someone to solve a puzzle why would hide the pieces so far apart?" To quote the Nostalgia Critic, Linkara and Spoony, "Because it's a puzzle you dummy it's supposed to be hard to solve". If I ever had the option to watch either this or The Legend of Tarzan, I would pick Tarzan without any shadow of a doubt.
June 14, 2016
A godawful, incomprehensible schlock that can't make itself understood even with that endless, gigantic text crawl that opens it, and I don't believe no one realized that Tara Reid can't convince as someone who would open the door of a museum, let alone be an archaeologist.
April 23, 2016
This movie sucks ass from a monkey! Uwe Boll is the worst director ever! This movie has no originality! It's bland, boring, and unenjoyable! The ending makes no fucking sense! The fight scenes are hilariously bad though. I recommend the room because, that movie is hilarious for its acting and its subplots. I recommend you to not watch this cinematic garbage!
½ April 20, 2016
Marginal (except for tara reid who was absolutely horrible). Plot wasn't horrible but not much new.
March 21, 2016
i write this to make the person who made this movie feel better
February 19, 2016
This movie was so bad, it wasn't even good. It had the potential to be decent, but it fell flat on so many levels.

I can't believe I wasted $10 on this crap fest.