Alone in the Dark - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alone in the Dark Reviews

½ October 23, 2016
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
½ October 8, 2016
First time I watched a movie and at the end still had no idea what was going on.
August 21, 2016
Another terrible film by Uwe Boll.
½ July 25, 2016
I'm so angry at uwe boll making such terrible movies.
They Fail at movies being based on good video games.
OVERALL: Uwe Boll is not trying to make any good movie whatsoever,
I have seen In the Name of the King, It was bad but No. 2 was worse,
No I am not interested in seeing Bloodrayne, i heard reviews!

5 minutes is enough of me watching this shit.

Score: 0/10
½ July 20, 2016
This movie is utter garbage plain and simple, It is the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. This movie represents the original source material, like Mario Brothers the movie represents the game and Spawn the movie represents the comic; in other word it has next too nothing with game it was based on. Even the action scenes were awful and there are so many moments in the movie that are never explained, like when Hudgens is seen injecting himself with the blood of the monsters; what is the point of that? Not only that, but there are times when the characters come off as completely morons. Like when Aline asked "If you want someone to solve a puzzle why would hide the pieces so far apart?" To quote the Nostalgia Critic, Linkara and Spoony, "Because it's a puzzle you dummy it's supposed to be hard to solve". If I ever had the option to watch either this or The Legend of Tarzan, I would pick Tarzan without any shadow of a doubt.
June 14, 2016
A godawful, incomprehensible schlock that can't make itself understood even with that endless, gigantic text crawl that opens it, and I don't believe no one realized that Tara Reid can't convince as someone who would open the door of a museum, let alone be an archaeologist.
April 23, 2016
This movie sucks ass from a monkey! Uwe Boll is the worst director ever! This movie has no originality! It's bland, boring, and unenjoyable! The ending makes no fucking sense! The fight scenes are hilariously bad though. I recommend the room because, that movie is hilarious for its acting and its subplots. I recommend you to not watch this cinematic garbage!
½ April 20, 2016
Marginal (except for tara reid who was absolutely horrible). Plot wasn't horrible but not much new.
March 21, 2016
i write this to make the person who made this movie feel better
February 19, 2016
This movie was so bad, it wasn't even good. It had the potential to be decent, but it fell flat on so many levels.

I can't believe I wasted $10 on this crap fest.
December 31, 2015
What's wrong with this movie?! I mean like... what the heck is going on with that? I hate this movie by Uwe Boll.
November 17, 2015
Bearing absolutely no semblance to the games it's based on, along with being ineptly directed, written, acted and staged. Alone in the dark is an exceptionally terrible video game movie. But it more than provided unintentional laughter for fans of unintentional humor like me.
October 10, 2015
Not bad, can be better but watchable.
½ October 3, 2015
Uwe Boll made this. That's all you need to know.
½ August 12, 2015
Easily one of the worst movies that I watched. Bad action, dumb plot, bad characters, nothing to do with the videogame, plotholes everywhere, etc.
August 10, 2015
A film adaptation of an old video game didnt seem intriguing to begin with as the latest version of the game is not great. This movie was not bad but certainly not good either. In comparison to 2015 movie releases, this was better or the same as 80% of them, though most films this year have been horrible. They could of done more effects if they had saved budget by hiring an unknown lead actor instead. He doesn't really look like the game version lead, but most adaptations fail in that way as well. This was just dull in every sense. It may be interesting to those than are fans of the game though.
½ August 10, 2015
Mistakenly funny and just plain painful to watch.....so don't.
½ June 23, 2015
One of the worst movies ever.
May 17, 2015
Uwe Boll's second attempt at a video game movie is badly casts with a dumb and boring storyline that completely goes away from the game it is based