Alone in the Dark Reviews

• Oct 30, 2020

This is another one of them movies that fits a special category. Like other movies such as "Gods Of Egypt" or "Batman and Robin" objectively speaking its a bad movie. It also has no resemblance to the video game its based on whatsoever. But like those other movies I mentioned this movie is actually very entertaining in a so bad its good kind of way, I laughed and smiled throughout and had a great time with it. Uwe Boll is a very funny character too with a directing career that I find amusing.

• Oct 14, 2020

this movie is so bad you can't watch it

this movie is so bad you can't watch it

• Sep 16, 2020

A few times I had some sympathy for the film, nudging towards 3/10, and then Boll finished the movie with that terrible ending, so yeah. Still a better flick than Smoleńsk, though.

• Aug 18, 2020

oof. just straight up dull. I always heard that narration was lazy story telling, but I never bought into that thinking of all the great movies with Narration in them, but then I saw this movie and I was like "oh, that's what can go wrong with it."

• Jul 29, 2020

Film adaptations of video games don't tend to be very good, but come on! This is one of the most abysmal, worst movies I've seen in years! The only thing that this flick succeeds in doing is being an incredibly horrendous and boring film. The acting is stale, the characters have no depth to them, the special effects are clunky, the dialogue is absolutely horrifying and the directing is even worst. But the worst part about it all is that the film's plot is just absolutely confusing. It makes no sense what so ever. This is the type of film which is so bad that it actually made me angry at the end. It's not even so-bad-it's-good material, it's just really painful to sit through. Overall, director Uwe Boll has proven to us that he hasn't got a clue on how to make a movie, and it's a very good thing that he recently retired from the filmmaking industry. This sorry excuse of a horror/action movie is an insult to cinema itself, and it rightfully deserves to be called one of the worst movies ever made. Stay away from this terrible waste of time...

• Jun 19, 2020

The worst film with Christian Slater. While he is the only decent thing about it, the rest of the movie is a chore to get through with it's horrendous CGI, bad acting from everyone else, and being so disgustingly boring.

• Apr 21, 2020

It was a laughably bad movie.

It was a laughably bad movie.

• Jan 24, 2020

Don't waste your time - Probably the worst movie I have ever started to watch. The acting is atrocious, Tara Reid as a star should have been a clue. I had hoped Christian Slater would redeem it, but I was wrong. Had to turn it of 45 minutes in, because it was so bad. The plot could have been good if the writing had been better but no amount of good writing would fix the bad acting

• Sep 12, 2019

You know the drill, Uwe Boll makes a "so bad, it's good" video game movie. Fans cringe at the lack of respect for the source material whilst audiences who may have never even heard of it (and hell, even some of those aforementioned fans) break out in laughter at the bad acting, ludicrous action sequences and Uwe Boll's general ineptitude as a storyteller.

• Sep 03, 2019