Amelia - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Amelia Reviews

February 9, 2016
Somewhat slow story, but interesting at the same time. I think it's an incredible underrated biopic for sure. It's not among the best for sure but I was fascinated by it. Hilary Swank does a serviceable job in the title role. It's a story about one of the most influential historical figures that while might not do her justice, it comes pretty close.
January 8, 2016
Should have emphasized more on what makes Amelia such a special and revolutionnary person. Great acting though.
October 14, 2015
Surprisingly poor, given the stellar cast. The biography doesn't lend itself to dramatisation, at least not in this account. It's told rather than lived. Interesting to learn the facts - she was very effective in promoting women as pilots and independent in her relationships with men. She comes over as soft here, whereas I imagine she had a much harder edge. A little more imagination would have made this a more enjoyable tale.
May 23, 2015
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....WARNING YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE AS SOMETHING HAPPENES AT THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE........
½ March 22, 2015
Don't know how is this compare to Aviator! By Dicarpio!
January 23, 2015
Reaching the passing grade only thanks to the presence of Ewan McGregor (although for very short on-screen time)
January 8, 2015
Swank's acting and the footage at the end of the show left me wondering if the real Amelia was more headstrong and vocal...

Dreams do come true sometimes and at other times, they lead to disappointment and a deep sense of loss... I can only imagine the grief and over-riding guilt of Amelia's greatest supporter - George Putnam, her loving husband.
½ January 8, 2015
In memory of the planes lost at sea in recent times, this much delayed viewing showed the oft unthought-of real dangers of flying, even after 8 decades of technological advances, and how grateful I should be at each safe landing. Well-acted by Gere & Swank, in portraying an mutually-understanding and supportive couple, lost to her spirit of adventure.
January 3, 2015
Apesar do excelente leque de atores, este filme não encontra o equilíbrio necessário para nos contar a história com entusiasmo e emoção.
December 3, 2014
This is about the life of the legendary icon Amelia Earhart who since she was little was fascinated with flying. She Was the first woman aviator to cross ths Atlantic and was the first to cross the Pacific untill her plane just disappeared and was nowhere to be found. I read one of the biographies this movie was based on and have been fascinated with her ever since. The movie is good and both Hillary Swank and Richard Gere gave great performances although there are times were the movie gets rather slow. I also think they could have made it longer and could have added more because I read the book and then after seeing the movie I thought there was more to her than what they had in the movie. Its a good movie to watch to learn how fascinating and heroic this woman was but there's too much more information about her they left out. If you are interested in reading about her and getting alot more about her then read East To The Dawn: The Life Of Amelia Earhart by Susan Butler. It is a fantastic read. And as for the movie it was good and the acting was terrific but it just left me wanting more.
½ August 21, 2014
This wasn't a particularly compelling story, probably because it was filmed more like a checklist of bits from her life and less like an interesting drama about Amelia herself. Points further deducted by the weird choice to include random bits of old footage with a 30s narrator, which made the whole thing feel like naff edutainment.
June 26, 2014
Une très belle viens raconter, surtout avec la fin intrigante qu'elle a connu, mais un film bourre de petites scenes qui nous sont lance sans avoir le temps de les assimiler. Pour cela, ça m'a fait decroche.
½ May 3, 2014
Buena para conocer rápidamente a un personaje femenino relevante.
April 7, 2014
62%

Has that Life Time channel, feel that I dislike so much.
½ March 16, 2014
This had potential for something great... A woman persevering in a man's world, obstacles and triumphs... This is at best a made for TV movie and not a good one at that! Hilary Swank is as stiff as a board or is it bored??
March 4, 2014
Of Course I'd heard the Stories of Amelia, but not of the Love Story, so this was nice.Hilary Swank picks Movies she can really Rock, & this is no exception, she is a Wonderful talent
½ January 6, 2014
Well this a DNF for me, I just couldn't make it through even though this should have been a good movie. Swank appears to embody Earhart (looks, voice, mannerisms) and I'm a Ewan McGregor fan but this was just boring, pretentious even, with wasted potential of an interesting and intriguing historical figure and a great cast. 09.13

"A look at the life of legendary American pilot Amelia Earhart, who disappeared while flying over the Pacific Ocean in 1937 in an attempt to make a flight around the world."
December 17, 2013
Am distantly related so I think I'll have to see this!
December 8, 2013
This film shows a profound lack of artistic talent. Aside from everyone smiling like it was a dentistry convention, many of the details are implausible and unrealistic. For example, when her pilots refuse to fly due to a poor weather report, she reads them the riot act, giving some sort of demented pep-talk which gets them going. In real life, any pilot who pushes the weather is not a hero, but a zero. These are only a few of the dumb mistakes that this movie makes.