Annabelle Comes Home Reviews

Dann M Super Reviewer
    Jan 16, 2020

The Annabelle trilogy comes to in end in Annabelle Comes Home. While babysitting Judy Warren, Mary Ellen and her friend unwittingly release the Annabelle doll from its confines in the Warren's artifact room, along with several other cursed objects, which then proceed to attack the girls. Despite the title, the film isn't really about Annabelle; as she's only one of several cursed objects that have to be overcome. Still, the writers come up with some rather creative and frightening demonic spirits. And, they do a good job at building suspense and tension. Yet it holds back on the blood and violence, not really earning its R rating. Annabelle Comes Home is one of the weaker entries in the series, but it still delivers some good scares.

• Jan 04, 2020

Annabelle Comes Home is full of old tricks and idiotic characters, borrowing heavily from better horror flicks to craft its scares. While its slow pace and vibrant range of evil spirits can make for some suspenseful sequences, the lack of a compelling story makes it weak in comparison to its predecessors. (C-)

• Jan 04, 2020

Will Scare You To Death!

Will Scare You To Death!

• Dec 31, 2019

I really enjoyed the movie, in my opinion the best Spin-off of The Conjuring franchise, the well explored characters, unpredictable scare, the well explored characters, etc. This movie is worthy of The Conjuring franchise

• Dec 30, 2019

Annabelle Comes Home is an awesome movie. It is about a teenager and her friend unknowingly awaken an evil spirit trapped in a doll while babysitting the daughter of Ed and Lorraine Warren. Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga, and McKenna Grace give fantastic performances. The screenplay is well written. Gary Dauberman did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the horror and mystery. Annabelle Comes is a must see.

• Dec 29, 2019

The movie delivers what it promises. Although not really a movie about the doll, it brings us an innovative story.

• Dec 25, 2019

It was ok but I still I don't buy this type of building tension. It is just very simple and unimaginative.

• Dec 22, 2019

I think that it's the least best of the Annabelle series. But it does have its good points to redeem itself. The acting is good and it features some likeable characters, and it still does have some very scary moments to it. That Annabelle doll is definitely one of the creepiest vilains in modern horror. But unfortunately, the whole movie feels too cliched and cash-grabing, with classic jumpscares being the most used aspect for scaring. Also, I found the pacing to be bad, with some moments being very tense, and others being on the limit of boring. Overall, Annabelle Comes Home could've been a lot better, but if you're a fan of the franchise, you might very well still get a few frights out of this pic!

• Dec 19, 2019

A poor showing for the latest movie in the Annabelle franchise. This low stakes and generic horror failed to hit home with its boring and paint by numbers plot. It's probably time to retire the Annabelle franchise for good. Unless you're a hardcore fan, give this movie a miss

• Dec 13, 2019

I liked this movie and I liked the first Annabell movie too. There was another low budget Annabell movie I forgot the name but it is not good as the first and this one. It didn't have the actors that played the Warren's in it. This movie made me cry a bit at the end, it was interesting and held my attention. I thought that it was very warm for a horror film with the close knit of the Warren family, it also had it's horror in it. I would watch it and say give it a watch if you are new to the Annabell movies, I'd watch it again.