At Close Range Reviews

• Jun 13, 2019

My all-time favorite film. Penn and Walken are superb.

My all-time favorite film. Penn and Walken are superb.

• Nov 13, 2018

• Apr 11, 2018

5.0/5.0 stars - Grade: A

5.0/5.0 stars - Grade: A

• Jan 10, 2018

I really liked this. The story is tragic and the actors are so real. I watched it twice and can't get it off my mind.

• Dec 18, 2017

I really enjoy Christopher Walken movies (before he became silly) and Sean Penn movies are generally speaking good.I wish they would have made more movies together back then.What this is ,is a very Convincingly acted movie.Walken with his over the top Insane acting.Where he can go from harmless to beyond menacing in a few seconds...How does he pull this off?. Sean Penn plays the outta work Farmboy who spends his freetime wrenching on an old truck,getting tanked up on beer,smoking/selling weed and searching for a girlfriend.and generally being bored in the country.Well acted (A Cult Classic).Alan Autry is the Stepdad that is interested in the Mom(not these delinquent teens).Forget his name,but the Weird guy off The Rivers Edge is in it also."Uh...theres a Caaaar!. Plays this short line for All its Worth.Forget his name(hes weird,but great actor).This is a good movie about tractor thieves and the Whitewood gang.Believe its based off Serial killer Bruce Dickerson? Supposed to be be Pennsylvania...but,looks like Tennesse or Alabama location.Watch it its Really Good.

• Nov 11, 2017

this is a long and bleak story about the criminal, tractor stealing mafia of america; with christpoher walken starring as the worst dad in history; and sean penn as his emotional son! this film reminds me of the the epic Badlands starring martin sheen as an emotional murder-lover

• Apr 01, 2017

Walken at his most Walken. One of my favorite movies ever. Bonus points for Crispin Glover. The ending is amazingly tense. If you are a true Walken fan you have to see it. Plus its a great movie regardless.

• Feb 22, 2017

At Close Range is one of my favorite movies....a dark but compelling story with great performances by Walken, the Penn brothers, Stuart-Masterson, Glover, Sutherland, and the rest.

• Jan 10, 2017

At Close Range is one of them movies that uses the old scenario of people drinking out of beer cans, and having dinner with 4 people around the table, talking about things should be in some circumstances. The movie works. It is by far one of my favorite movies of 1986.