Barfi! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Barfi! Reviews

½ June 2, 2016
A sweet film with a surprising twist at the end. Priyanka Chopra (at 29) plays an autistic 16-year-old (and pulls it off). I cannot think of another actress (one that's drop dead gorgeous no less) who would even attempt such a role and allow herself to be so vulnerable. Ranbir Kapoor pays homage to Charlie Chaplin, Roberto Benigni, and others as her deaf and speech impaired rescuer. Filmmakers and screenwriters should be studying Indian film. They're doing some beautiful work.
December 27, 2015
It's real and meaningful movie
½ October 26, 2015
Karena cinta tak perlu kata-kata. :D
June 26, 2015
You may say they copied scene from others, but when they make such MASTERPEICE you should be ashamed of your perceptions and rather rephrase: they got inspired from some others. Priyanka Chopra worths every award of this earth for her role. She defied almost every grounds. I never thought she was such brilliant! She's got too much to handle. Awesome! Superb!! I'm just out of my adjectives!!! Ranbir was absolutely brilliant too. Until Priyanka came to the scene, he was blowing it up. And then Priyanka made it Grand! And together, they created one of the Best movies on the earth. Ileana is beautiful and she performed nice too. As Priyanka and Ranbir will take away all the credits, she will not be mentioned that much. But she was also mesmerizing. Anurag Basu, the director, showd some guts to draw his dream picture and let it not go away to be a lush bollywoody flick. Kudos to him. More to mention, I was also amazed how beautifully Ranbir imitated Charlie Chaplin's trademark shots! In total, Barfi! is outrageously beautiful! A full 5.00 out of 5.00 for this piece of art!!
April 22, 2015
Love Bollywood movies! Albeit with an unfortunate name in English, Barfi! is sweet and combines all that is fun about Bollywood with characters with autism and who are Deaf.
March 27, 2015
The label 'Bollywood' movie normally causes me to turn off as i assume there will be hours of dancing but this film is a must see. Ranbir portrayal of the deaf mute man is comic genius and the Charlie Chaplin influence is clear. The second reason to see the film is the inspired performance of Priyanka playing the woman with autism. What would seem to be on the surface unusual subject combinations works to become one of the most moving films seen. The plot with the kidnapping was a bit hazy but do not let this put you off.
December 24, 2014
This movie had me thinking about the spectrum of disabilities and abilities. The story had many ups and downs, but the main character, despite his disabilities, had the ability to survive and stay positive during his life.
½ November 12, 2014
Never thought I'll see an Indian dedication to Charlie Chaplin movies before.

Bittersweet, uplifting and altogether charming.
October 20, 2014
Barfi didn't steal Chaplin and other classic films' highlights. Barfi just like those classics and wanted to show their respect to them. Three leading actors are just great.
September 16, 2014
stolen pieces from The Notebook, Fried Green Tomatoes etc... are got together and music style of Amelie is copied.. and finally all were served warm, that's it..! The movie is fine and fun to watch, but it lost my respect..
½ September 13, 2014
Sep 14th, 2014 Sunday.
Ages of customers: The most is around 35-50
Man:Woman 3:7
½ August 12, 2014
A heartwarming story about a deaf and mute boy, 'Barfi' is beautifully shot in Darjeeling and Calcutta - i even paused and made screenshots of some of the countryside scenes! Ranbir is amazing and flexible in range, hardly speaking a word throughout this film, but showing amazing talent and physicality, especially in the sofa comic act! Makes me wanna watch Raj Kapoor and Charlie Chaplin stuff soon. Priyanka as Jhimil is so brilliantly depicted - right down to daily mannerisms - that I wondered if the actress herself was autistic! The cinematography and music were awesomely coordinated, and the colors rich and lush.. it's such a beautiful ode to Darjeeling! And the film is a glorious celebration of life!
August 8, 2014
Sweet little move about a deaf guy and his encounters in the real world. The story is very straight forward but it is show in a very entertaining and inspiring way. And there are a lot funny moments including many of Charlie Chaplin style gags and antics. Ranbir Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra were fantastic. This is one foreign language (hindi) film I recommend to everyone.
August 8, 2014
Even if most of the indian movies are typically 2.5 hours Anurag Basu has shown how to keep the audience engaged and giving an enthralling experience into the life of a person who is deaf and dumb. This is Ranbir's best work ever.
½ July 27, 2014
watta sweet sweet movie
Priyanka Chopra was Great here :)
July 27, 2014
one of the best movies that I've ever seen.. I strongly suggest.. Indian type of Amelie.. amazing soundtrack..
July 10, 2014
barfi is a visual delight nd despite all d copied scenes, it works just fine as a love story.......i felt d movie nd even shed a tear. dats all dat matters
P.s. hats off 2 priyanka for pulling off jhilmil
½ June 29, 2014
Not a bad effort, but I found it boring. For a film with little dialogue it was way too long. The soundtrack was random and did not sync well with the film. I hate to say it, but I also found the title character to be annoying. (First and only viewing - 6/18/2014)
May 3, 2014
Just lovely. A wonderful story. The main actor's portrayl was reminiscent of Buster Keaton. I just fell in love!
March 29, 2014