Beastie Boys Story Reviews

• 1d ago

So four stars for this, cuz it's a pretty cool retrospective, with enough fresh video and interview bits that put it over the top. Yeah, the forum is kinda cheesy, but it's also a good, honest way to do it overall. I could done w/o some of it, like apologizing for being young wild ass boys with all the energy in the world and loving life who got raucous and in yer face. "9 To 5" was totally unnecessary. But, it's the Beastie Boys- Paul's Boutique, Ill Communication, Check Your Head, Hello Nasty and all those cracked ass videos. Makes me wish that much more that I'd told Russell Simmons what a POS he is when I saw him in Cinci. Thanks boys, rappers coast to coast, uncle Hornblower, and Spike. 4 stars

• 3d ago

Interesting, amusing and heartfelt, even if you're not particularly a fan of their music.

• 4d ago

This documentary about the Beastie Boys was really good. The crew, Michael Diamond, and Adam Horovitz did an excellent job in telling their story. They talk about everything that they went through during their career and what how devastating it was to lose some of their closest friends. If you have Apple TV+ you should check this documentary out sometime. It's worth seeing.

• 4d ago

It was pretty good, but a little tedious

It was pretty good, but a little tedious

• May 17, 2020

Excellent – it does the book justice but the book itself goes into much deeper depth. 1986 was 34 freaking years ago‽

• May 15, 2020

I am very so upset if youd dont give mobambi movie tomatometer and i finally verify email

• May 15, 2020

This was an amazing trip back in time to learn of the Beastie Boys from their early beginnings. It was story that was told very well by the two surviving members.

• May 12, 2020

This is very well done. You can't help but enjoy the way Adrock & Mike tell the stories. Highly recommend.

• May 12, 2020

For me it was = parts fun and frustrating watching this. It was fun seeing ad-rock and mike d tell their story, for the first hour or so. Then it became long winded. Much like the Michael Jordan doc that just came out, I felt the entire thing was one long masturbation session about how great the band was and never covered the negatives (like being boo'd off stage when opening for run dmc). After it was over I felt like after the first 5 minutes of how they met, I had heard it all before. But it's always some amount of fun to watch the Beastie Boys, so if you're a fan, or especially someone who never followed them closely, give it a watch.

• May 09, 2020

R.I.P. MCA. You rocked this world.

R.I.P. MCA. You rocked this world.