Beasts of No Nation Reviews

• Aug 25, 2019

"Beast of No Nation" is not an easy movie to watch, instead, this is a horror movie about character studies, an experience far from being enjoyable. This is a hopeless cinema, a force of real picture against the hard side of life. How our situation is so narrow about bad things, about the leader who can't be separated from a criminal and non-sense, and about a cold-blooded pumped up to kick.

• Aug 09, 2019

Amazing. Another movie that tells a story that must be heard.

Amazing. Another movie that tells a story that must be heard.

• Jun 17, 2019

This should have 100%, it is the best movie of all time for me. It tells an amazing story with amazing music and cinematics. It also made me realise how much i am babyfed in the environment i live in in England, and opened my eyes to the reality of what really goes on in the world. please watch it, it can be tough to watch at times but ive watched it 6 times already and i havent got bored yet. You wont regret watching it trust me.

• May 14, 2019

I love Attah's and Elba's performance in this film

I love Attah's and Elba's performance in this film

• Apr 20, 2019

A very engaging and emotional movie that depocts the horror of war. But the movie drags on with a weak endong that tries to add a bow tie to the story. With little context or explanation on the causes of the war, the movie potentially plays into the stereotypes of viewing Africans as modern day savages.

• Mar 02, 2019

This film was on my list for some time, but just knowing the subject matter I knew I needed the right frame of mind for it, and so I braced for what was to come. And as suspected, this brutal, heart-wrenching, and raw tale of a boy soldier forced to fight in a savage civil war was at times terrifying and extremely hard to watch, yet necessary and beautifully told amidst the lush landscape of West Africa. Yes, this film may not be for everyone, but as citizens of the world it is our duty to be informed and bear witness to these real-world atrocities, however haunting and difficult they may be to watch.

• Feb 22, 2019

portrayal ugly realities of child soldiers, and brainwashing. pulls no punches.

portrayal ugly realities of child soldiers, and brainwashing. pulls no punches.

• Jan 31, 2019

This is a good movie - very powerful, but definitely not for the faint-hearted. I mean it sure wasn't for me.... but I will still give it 4 stars as it was brilliant! The little boy actor is amazing!!!!

• Jan 02, 2019

Really good historical slice of life with important political concerns.

Really good historical slice of life with important political concerns.

• Dec 27, 2018

Sad movie, about brave child, and about taste of life... I saw it 3 times on boxxy software with german subtitles - to improve my language.