Bordertown Reviews

• Sep 14, 2015

The last decent movie Lopez has done.

The last decent movie Lopez has done.

• Jun 24, 2015

This is definitely a powerful and engrossing outing. Anybody unfamiliar with the all-too-real Juarez murders can skip the textbooks and learn a lot here. Well acted and beautifully shot.... but I was a bit annoyed by the overused burning-building-showdown.

• May 19, 2015

While this is not a great movie in terms of acting and such, this is a disturbing story. Is the emphasis on NAFTA overdone? I don't know, but the connection between unchecked capitalism and violence against women is pretty clear.

• Jan 30, 2013

I really liked it. I really liked the theme of the movie. It taught me a lot of things i didn't know.

• Jan 04, 2013

I think that some of the criticism leveled at this movie and Jennifer Lopez is unfair. Whilst it is obvious that Jennifer Lopez may possess an ego, there are few Hollywood stars that wouldn't fall into the same category. The movie does portray her as trying to save the day but which movie doesn't have a similar theme. The fact that two Hispanic heavyweights like Jennifer Lopez and Antonio Banderas contributed to this film undeniably brings warranted focus onto the situation in Juarez. It is barbaric what is going on there and any extra publicity that can bring light to these issues to the public view is beneficial. I felt that Jennifer Lopez showed more acting ability in this then anything else I have seen her in and more than carried her weight in her leading role. Maya Zapata was impressive as Eva and hopefully she gets more opportunities in Hollywood. I would highly recommend this.

• Dec 19, 2012

One hell of a movie with an amazing message...but too sad & bad for those people...:'(

• Dec 12, 2012

this is a powerful movie of how this is inspired by true events of how many women were killed there. a great cast. nd one of j.lo good performance.

• Aug 22, 2012

Bordertown is true and honest story, you should watch it.

Bordertown is true and honest story, you should watch it.

• Jun 20, 2012

Worse Movie Ever... X.x !!!

Worse Movie Ever... X.x !!!

• May 28, 2012

Jennifer Lopez gives a superb performance. Very good, sad story. Some parts were a bit unnecessary and didn't work very well. But the movie was well worth watching.