Bottle Shock Reviews

• 6d ago

A truly dire film that holds barely an iota of truth from the real story. Steven Spurrier was quite the opposite to a dull wine snob and was enthusiastic about Californian wines before going there. It was his American colleague, Patricia Gallagher, that instigated the trip and Spurrier went with his wife Bella throughout. TWA agreed to safely send the wines back to Paris. The tasting was held in a room in a hotel in Paris, not a country courtyard and so it goes on and on. I am amazed that Spurrier allowed the film to go ahead as in reality, until his death a few weeks ago, he was one of the most popular and forward thinking people in the wine trade for forty years. I can find little about the characters at Montelena but find it difficult to believe any of that side to be true especially when the wine make Mike Grgich does not even appear in the film. Yes a film about a wine tasting is hardly going to be greatly entertaining or big box office but this is truly garbage.

• Feb 16, 2021

This was an exhilarating and inspiring film - I have a wine qualification and I felt I learnt something and I enjoyed the story - great ensemble cast - a sunshine in film

• Dec 31, 2020

Love the history despite not being an entirely accurate movie

Love the history despite not being an entirely accurate movie

• Nov 17, 2020

It was just OK. It lacked any real depth in the areas where it really could have pulled the viewers in. It past the time that I could have been using to watch a good movie.

• Jul 14, 2020

Like a glass of Yellowtail Merlot, this generically flavorless swill is utterly unpalatable.

• Jun 21, 2020

A lot of fun with a great cast and some extremely memorable scenes.

A lot of fun with a great cast and some extremely memorable scenes.

• Jun 20, 2020

This is a dreadful film, full of cliché and caricature, over-acting and false emotions; a waste of time.

• Jun 19, 2020

Chris Pine's wig looked like it came from Spirit of Halloween. The wine story was good, but the overall production, not so much.

• Jun 03, 2020

Although it's true story got turned into another routine, by the numbers Hollywood retelling, the great cast added alot to this story, especially Alan Rickman.

• May 30, 2020