Breakthrough - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Breakthrough Reviews

May 21, 2019
Breakthrough is my 3rd favorite movie of 2019 so far, my favorite Christian movie of all time, my 2nd favorite drama movie, and one of my favorite movies of all time. Chrissy Metz's performance as Joyce Smith was stupendous she put so much emotion and power into her performance, her performance was breathtaking. Josh Lucas, Topher Grace, Marcel Ruiz, and Dennis Haysbert also gave fantastic performances. This movie was inspirational, beautiful, heartbreaking, heartwarming, and the most emotional movie I have ever seen. I cried throughout the whole movie. The screenplay and writing were spectacular. Also the soundtrack and the music that was in the movie was beautiful and terrific. Breakthrough gets a A+ from me.
May 21, 2019
Whether you believe in God or not, this movie is a must see for everyone. Excellent performances by all. Only one part felt very fake. Truly moving experience. The fact that this actually happened is incredible. Thank you for making another quality faith-based film!
½ May 20, 2019
This was the biggest load of garbage that I have even seen!! Everything about this movie was just absolute garbage!!
May 19, 2019
This film runs into a lot of issues other faith based films run into. Some cheesiness and poor writing seemingly overlooked due to an impossibly heartwarming story. That being said it is still an enjoyable watch. This movie was not made by Pure Flix. I will give an A for that alone. It was also not directed by a director who has an exclusively Christian resume. That was a breath of fresh air. Metz does a great job of bringing the character to life.
May 18, 2019
Amazing story that needed to be told
½ May 18, 2019
I loved this film ! Great story and cast and so inspiring and uplifting !!!!
½ May 17, 2019
Uplifting and emotionally charged, "Breakthrough" is an inspiring film demonstrating the immeasurable depth of a mother's love. Focusing highly on faith and preachy at times, the film does a good job of hitting you right in the feels without needing to be a big believer in how the miracle happens. The acting of Chrissy Metz as fierce "Mama Bear" Joyce Smith is heartfelt, supported by wonderful performances from the rest of the cast. Overall it's an inspiring true story that will breakthrough to both the devout and no-believers, leaving you feeling good.
May 15, 2019
This movie is the best movie i have ever seen hands down. It is very touching within the story of faith and communities being there for each other.
May 15, 2019
Felt very touched and moved by this movie. Acting was superb! Loved the element of faith and religion that was brought into the movie.
½ May 15, 2019
Uplifting story that more people should see.
½ May 14, 2019
Better than other faith-based films due to the acting of Chrissy Metz. An amazing true story - but a bit too simplistic and sentimental in its presentation.
May 14, 2019
Emotionally exhilarating performance by Chrissy Metz. I love this movie. Topher Grace just the right amount of funny and compassion.
May 13, 2019
Good movie. Great story. I didn't LOVE it. But I really thought it was worth the money to see it.
½ May 13, 2019
Better than expected!
½ May 13, 2019
just go to a church, faith is an illusion
May 13, 2019
The base story is inspirational. I thought the acting was forced and there was needless symbolism that really took away from the story. It's not a real genuine re-enactment, which would have been an awesome movie and it wasn't.
½ May 12, 2019
Brilliant - It's about time we had a Christian film worth watching. Helped me greatly!
May 11, 2019
A well acted, touching true story. Very moving. Reminds me of the little boy thrown off the 3rd story balcony at the Mall Of America. They too are saying his recovery is a miracle. Go and watch this movie. Everyone wants to see a miracle right?
May 10, 2019
Geared toward the Christian viewer, this movie is based on a true story of an adolescent/adopted child who falls through ice and is clinically dead. Through medical efforts, but largely a mother's love and prayer, he recovers. The acting is good; a tearjerker but a film filled with faith which asks the question of why some are miraculously healed, and what we do with that grace. Chrissy Metz is wonderful as the fiercely devoted mom. Very glad I saw this.