Breakthrough Reviews

• Apr 03, 2021

A must see for those who are going through a hard time and need a little boost of faith and hope. A rotten tomato for those who don't need it but somehow still watch it anyway.

• Apr 02, 2021

The film based on a true story improves on it. The story is improved, the acting and special effects are great, the hero actor is great on the court. Very well done.

• Feb 22, 2021

Breakthrough is an uplifting movie, which makes it almost impossible to dislike. However, even though the true story is miraculous, the way the film unfolds is pretty predictable, and the acting is hit-and-miss. It could have also been a little shorter. Nevertheless, I found myself caught up in the plot a number of times and was impressed with the quality of the filmmaking.

• Feb 20, 2021

Incredible true story that reminds you there is a God if you have faith and pray in times of need

• Jan 11, 2021

At the the beginning of the movie I thought here we go again, some mediocre, low budget movie. But as the movie progressed you get totally sucked in and you become aware that you are watching a very special movie. This movie deserves to be seen by a much wider audience. This is the ultimate in uplifting movies. In these crazy pandemic times Uplifting movies have become my favourite genre.

• Dec 03, 2020

Breakthrough (2019) is a very good gospel film based on real facts, with incredible lessons about faith, love and patience. It is very difficult for you not to cry with this type of film. my grade is 10/10.

• Sep 27, 2020

Fantastic movie. Really took me by surprise.

Fantastic movie. Really took me by surprise.

• Sep 15, 2020

Breakthrough is an okay film. It is about a 14-year-old boy who drowns in a lake and his faithful mother who prays for him to come back from the brink of death and be healed. Chrissy Metz and Marcel Ruiz give decent performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places. Roxann Dawson did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the drama.

• Aug 10, 2020

Story/Screenplay: (3/5) A good true story that didn't translate as well as I would have liked. Felt stilted at times and heavy-handed. Still a good story, but could have been better. Duration/Tempo: (3/5) At 1 hour and 56 minutes, it's a longer than average movie that felt average in length. Not bad. Cast & Crew: (3/5) Chrissy Metz's performance was critical to carrying this film, but as the story could feel stilted at times, her performance followed suit. The rest of the cast was solid. Summary: (3/5) The story and cast were average, and the film didn't feel as short as I would have liked. A borderline thumbs down.

• Jul 30, 2020

“ This movie is a RECHARGE of Faith! The fact that this movie is based on a true story enables you to be in the moment and somewhat witness this myracle. This inconceivable journey will sure to have you on an emotional roller coaster... from tears of grief to happiness and solidarity.”