Breakthrough Reviews

• May 05, 2020

Emotional roller coaster, really good movie.

Emotional roller coaster, really good movie.

• May 03, 2020

This movie made me cry! So emotional and a incredible film! Credit to the producers and the actors! Please ignore all the other critics such an incredible film!

• Apr 21, 2020

Loved it!! Chrissy Metz was awesome

Loved it!! Chrissy Metz was awesome

• Apr 17, 2020

Great cast and plot. The movie seems seamless all the way through. There were no big plot holes or mistakes in the movie. It is a great movie for Christian viewing. Even non-chritstians would enjoy this movie. It is a feel-good film and the acting is well done throughout the film.

• Apr 15, 2020

Amazing acting! 10/10 made me want to cry knowing this is based on a true story! truely an amazing movie.

• Apr 14, 2020

Excellent story! This film is very inspiring and moving. Chrissy Metz does a phenomenal job in this one! Her performance is really great. Every main cast-member in this movie gives an excellent performance. The editing and cinematography is really good too; certain scenes in particular had some really cool imagery. This movie also does a great job at showing how powerful God really is and how He is always watching over us. My only problem with this one is that, in certain scenes, I feel that the script could’ve been better and some of the small characters (such as the pastor’s children) could’ve given better performances. These flaws are both minor though.

• Apr 12, 2020

Prolific actor/director Roxann Dawson (Star Trek: Voyager) shows a good flair for being a first-class actor's director in this beautifully produced, performed, and photographed production. A strong cast brings what some might call a predictable story to vivid life. Any story based on factual and relatively inexplicable occurrences --based on a strong faith premise – can't help but feature a certain degree of predicable asides – for these are determined by the amazing factual outcomes at its core. There will always be doubters when it comes to incidents that involve supernatural intervention and this will vary with the degree of faith held by the viewer. Thankfully, this production only features one or two scenes that perhaps begin to fall into the trap of over sentimentalising certain situations. But convincing performances and a generally powerful fact-based script lift it over and above any contrivances. What comes across perfectly, is the always difficult to achieve embodiment of repaired relationships - especially in this case, involving a damaged adopted family member. Might be worth seeing by all in need of genuinely inspirational entertainment. Others, just stay away or go to a crowd pleasers comic-book action flick if you really want banality. Features Diane Warren's 2019 Academy Award-nominated song "I'm Standing With You" as performed by Chrissy Metz.

• Mar 25, 2020