Brooklyn's Finest Reviews

• Jun 19, 2019

I just don't get these type of movies.

I just don't get these type of movies.

• May 13, 2019

So terrible, no emotional connection, just an endless bloodbath.

So terrible, no emotional connection, just an endless bloodbath.

• Feb 03, 2019

It's a fun ride and loaded with important information.

It's a fun ride and loaded with important information.

• Jun 30, 2017

A cop film that depicts 3 NYPD officers who all have different hardships they are going through and the effects they have on them as a person and officer. Another cop film by Antoine Fuqua, not as good as Training Day but BF brings the Heat and doesnt slow down. Fuqua's style is laid out all through the film, the tough and gritty streets of Brooklyn all throughout. Gere and Cheadle deliver great performances, Hawke was ok. He's either hit or miss for me and at times in BF he seemed to be trying too hard but it still wasn't awful. The film also did a nice job of having a different tone for each character. Each one had a different emotional setting which benefitted the film. Cheadle being the suspenseful undercover who's rough around the edges, Gere a bit gloomy and depressed and Hawke a worried, shady cop. It's a little drawn out but it still is a decent watch. I may have liked it more than most because I am sucker for the types of films. The way it all wraps up too was pretty cool.

• Dec 30, 2016

• May 24, 2016

Ok movie could of been better

Ok movie could of been better

• Dec 06, 2015

Not as good as Training day but a good film.

Not as good as Training day but a good film.

• Jul 21, 2015

Very underrated in my opinion. Terrific performances from all actors involved. It's a brutal cop story focused on more than just one protagonist.

• Apr 15, 2015

Kind of dull most of the time with overly dramatic dialog that made me fight myself to stay awake just to see the ending. The acting was above-average and what tiny amount of action was in here was good, but only enough for me to see the 3 main stories come together. This film was unmemorable and it really doesn't matter whether you see it or not.