Bully - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bully Reviews

March 19, 2017
Filmmaking Such As This Is An Absolute Rarity. It Is Incredibly Hard To Watch These Tragic Stories Play Out In Front Of Nieve, Ignorant & Dismissive Teachers, Administrative Staff & Some Parents. Such Lazy Attitudes Simply Condone Victimisation Of Those Whom Struggle. Why Do This?? In School Environments?? Where The Whole Class Should Be Supported To Achieve. Maybe It's A Throwback To Our Stone-Age Medieval-Man Mentality, Where Lord Of The Fly Like Beliefs Reign Supreme. Creates A World Of Racism, Hate, Pain & Suffering. No Love Or Joy To Be Found, No Matter How Much You Fall Back On Your Faith Or Homely Southern Values. You're All Lost Causes When Nobody Does Nothing...An Aloof Bystander As Bad As A Bully In My View.
January 14, 2017
So so very sad. Kids so young taking their own life. I think bullying has increased in the past 30 years and I think schools should be doing more to prevent bullying.
August 22, 2016
Bully does a good job showing how clueless teachers and administrators enable bullies. We see the devastating consequences from bullying on several children. The documentary, however, should have delved deeper into the pathos of bullies, and what society can do about it, rather than focus on a few victims.
½ May 18, 2016
I'm not saying this isn't important, but after giving it some thought, I've found that I don't exactly think bullying is a number one priority issue, especially when there's plenty of war and hunger in the world. I mean hell, there's people in this very country that are starving, wouldn't you say we should focus in fixing that first?
April 25, 2016
tragic and sad what we do to ourselves. seems at times that teachers are too afraid to stand up for the less fortunate. i couldn't be a teacher i guess.
October 26, 2015
Nicely filmed and explores an American crises called bullying and suicide. Should be shown in all schools. The message is succinct and powerful, and hi-jacks your emotions from the start.
October 25, 2015
Hard to watch, but should be mandatory viewing for parents, kids, and anyone in childcare or education
½ October 14, 2015
Bully has its fair share of emotional and poignant moments, but it's too one-sided and manipulative, and even questionable in a technical sense, to serve as an effective documentary.
½ June 24, 2015
This film is not that engaging. In fact, it could be argued that the makers are somewhat detached from the people featured in this film.

At least it did show that there are a variety of reasons why kids get bullied.
February 6, 2015
Bully hits various different points of interest in the subject of bullying in American schools. While it relies heavily on the subject material to give them density, the film uses it professionally in both a social and political standpoint.
½ February 4, 2015
Good start to the conversation‚??and essential viewing for all students, parents and teachers‚??but kids deserve way better.
½ January 5, 2015
Sirve para que no se olvide la gravedad de este tema, pero le hace falta profundizar mucho en las distintas realidades evidenciadas y en el contexto total del problema.
½ December 26, 2014
A good documentary but didn't explore fully on the subject.
December 3, 2014
It should be mandatory that all students watch this!
½ December 1, 2014
Heartbreaking and well done, but I wish it had dug a little deeper by exploring the psychology behind bullying and focusing on more than just the victims.
November 19, 2014
While it's only touch the surface of the subject, Bully carries a lot of emotional punch. Alex story is really make me sad, I feel a lot connection with him and I just wanna hug him so bad.
November 3, 2014
I did like this but I have a few negatives it did start to drag on which I didn't really like it became a little to long and a little dull but besides that I recommend this film but a bit overrated not the best documentary but Defintley not the worst
Grade B
October 20, 2014
Heartbreaking, but not well executed in terms of a documentary. Just a series of sad 1/2 stories.
October 14, 2014
Just watched on Thirteen. Good Lord this was heart wrenching. And the adults associated with the schools and police forces were pissing me off.
September 26, 2014
It has some powerful moments that should scare the crap out of anyone that has or wants children. The film would've been more successful if it's message was more than just bullying is (obviously) bad. Some sort of discussion about the causes or possible solutions would've gone a long way.