Burlesque Reviews

• Jan 10, 2020

It's a classic! I had my reserves on watching this and after it was over I came out with a smile.

• Jan 05, 2020

I just wasted 2 hours of my life. If you actually want to see a good Burlesque style movie, watch Chicago. Cher was good, only a few numbers kept me interested, but it was a mostly boring and a generic plot. Could of easily been an hour.

• Jan 04, 2020

"Burlesque" is a reminder that flashy and bright does not necessarily mean entertaining. I thought this movie could potentially be a campy but fun musical when I saw the premise of it, but I was admittedly pretty bored by a good amount of it. I did find myself enjoying a couple of the musical numbers, but as a whole, it's not worth sitting through the movie, which feels way longer than it needed to be even though its only about two hours. The movie is aware that it's meant to be silly and over the top, but that doesn't excuse a pretty dull story and uninteresting characters. Overall, there are definitely better musicals out there than this below average movie.

• Jan 04, 2020

Despite its predictable plot and generic characters, Burlesque’s musical compilation and over the top presentation makes this movie so bad that it’s incredibly entertaining.

• Dec 30, 2019

I don't care what any of these naysayers have to quip. You aren't watching this movie for plot (please don't watch it for the plot). You're watching it for singing and dancing. So enjoy the singing and dancing because it is great, and if you need some actual acting to sink your teeth into wait for the scenes between Cher and Tucci.

• Dec 18, 2019

Is it an original never seen before movie ? No! However the movie is entertaining and dare I say it a future cult classic ... it is a feel good , camp and colourful movie TBH I can't see what there is to not like. Movie wise was it ever winning oscars for acting performances ? No it sure wasn't, not that the acting is bad it's good but just good which is fine we can't all be Oscar worthy all the time can we ? However what is Oscar worthy is the performances in the singing parts with Christina showcasing her exceptional talent and why she is one of the greatest singers of all time. Great performances and great songs that should have got some more recognition "bound to you " been one of these songs.

• Nov 12, 2019

loved this movie in my teens, made me want to become a dancer

loved this movie in my teens, made me want to become a dancer

• Oct 20, 2019

I’m in LOVE with Christina Aguilera!

I’m in LOVE with Christina Aguilera!

• Sep 30, 2019

It did pass time but with its own special flourish. Good actors in it and very humorous. I would recommend it to a select few after knowing what they like. If you are looking to pass the time and are in the mood for a song filled, romantic comedy I'd say it's the one for you

• Sep 22, 2019

The song performances are top notch of course and the story is a joy.

The song performances are top notch of course and the story is a joy.