Cairo Time - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cairo Time Reviews

August 29, 2016
Beautiful, shows the beauty of Cairo, has an exquisite plot.
August 20, 2016
A woman walking slowly around Cairo and whispering was the essence of this movie. I normally like this actress but she WAY overplayed "underplaying" her character. Human beings don't speak and move that slowly all of the x, maybe in certain circumstances, but that's what made it so contrived- she was so zombie-like in every scene. I kept waiting for her to settle into the role and relax but that never happened. The male lead was great and very authentic, and the scenery and vibe of a different culture was really interesting, but at the end of the movie all I felt was anxious. I just wanted to throw something at Patricia Clarkson and say, "Wake up! Wake up!"
June 20, 2016
The summary made this movie sound more exciting than it actually was. I thought there was actually going to be a love affair in it, but instead the story is pretty boring for most of it. It wasn't too bad of a movie to watch, just nothing really happened.
December 11, 2015
Really well done slow drama. They depicted an American's experience in Egypt quite beautifully, really.
May 3, 2015
I enjoyed this movie. Yes, it moved slowly, but that was part of the delight. I liked the slowness of falling in love with a city and a man. My husband wasn't as enthusiastic. The fact that I have visited Egypt and Cairo made it more meaningful to me.
December 21, 2014
Nothing much to take from this movie, it's very boring.
½ December 12, 2014
Great cinematography and chemistry but very slow paced and doomed love story
September 17, 2014
A cheesy story. The voice of Om kalthoum, and the beautiful scenery from all around Cairo evoke a sense of nostalgia!
June 14, 2014
I may be overreacting after having just seen it, but I loved it . . . Patricia Clarkson is impossibly beautiful and her performance is so tender and touching . . . the pacing is very deliberate as it makes Clarkson's transformation that much more tangible . . . beautiful!!!
February 7, 2014
beautiful story of an unexpected love...
½ January 30, 2014
Patricia Clarkson is incredibly honest and dazzling. A film that speaks to many.
January 4, 2014
A meditative study of a woman's mid-life self discovery as she calmly roams around Cairo, more often than not escorted by a local man sent to collect her at the airport. As always, Patricia Clarkson is delectable and here it's obvious that the camera loves her in every way, from her voice to her perfectly nuanced stride and stance. As for content, CAIRO TIME is rather simple, a mature variation on Richard Linklater's BEFORE series. Similarly there's beauty and grace in this travelogue of a movie but the film mostly prides itself in, if nothing more, its sheer simplicity.
November 18, 2013
A tasteful and engaging romantic drama, A beautifully crafted piece of work that shines with wonderful character development and gorgeous scenery. A stunning, mature and wonderfully romantic film. Director, Ruba Nadda crafts a remarkably adult love story that hits all the right notes and leaves on an open note that anything could happen. Patricia Clarkson and Alexander Siddig are outstanding, their chemistry is just golden. A gem of a film. A well-produced Canadian picture.
October 6, 2013
What a beautiful and mature film. It follows two people who connect over a brief time in Cairo. It is filled a with a lot of little moments that ring true and just sits back and observes these two people. The cinematography and scenery are great, as are the performances from the two leads. This is a special film and I highly recommend it!
½ September 24, 2013
This was a rather slow movie, but Clarkson and Siddig had great roles with a beautiful setting. I just wish the ending could have worked out for them.
July 22, 2013
This movie is too slow for me.
June 30, 2013
Slow and sweet. While not earth-shattering, the quiet moments are powerful, and the story is lovely and heartbreaking. Clarkson is excellent, and Siddiq (who apparently is also in Star Wars) is also very affecting.
½ May 15, 2013
A time for Romance...
April 27, 2013
nice movie.. little bit sad.. nice eastern touches. you cant order your heart.
½ April 17, 2013
if Juliette was a single, i wouldn't say anything. however, she's married. her husband is work for UN and he's very busy to work in Gazz, Egypt. how could she spent all days with the arabic guy? when her husband arrived, she just left the arabic guy who showed all the nice plcs in Cairo to her and they felt affectionate. i hope it won't happen to me. LOL