Candleshoe - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Candleshoe Reviews

½ October 21, 2017
Jodie Foster plays a 1970s version of a Dickensian street urchin helping a Fagin-like crook swindle a rich woman out of her fortune (actually it's finding hidden treasure on her estate) by passing Foster off as her long lost granddaughter. Foster then comes to like her ladyship, a delightful Helen Hayes, and her loyal butler, David Niven, and ends up helping them fend off Leo McKern and his henchmen. This is standard 1970s Disney cornball entertainment along the lines of "The North Avenue Irregulars" or "No Deposit, No Return," but this film get's extra entertainment value by featuring a teenage Jodie Foster and charming performances by Niven and Hayes. Overall, "Candleshoe" is hardly a classic, but it's solid lightweight entertainment that held my interest and also quite entertained my own children.
October 14, 2015
A classic film showing how a girl in a bad situation being naughty can be changed when the situation changes and starts being good. Shows how great an actress Jodie Foster was and still is.
January 20, 2015
Se extra├▒a los films infantiles de la Disney de los 70's, esta pelicula es un claro ejemplo de lo divertidas que eran, una joven Jodie Foster al lado de dos grandes David Niven y Helen Hayes.
October 9, 2014
One of my favorite movies as a kid. I wanted to live in that house!
August 7, 2014
(First and only viewing - 2/7/2010)
October 8, 2013
Soppy , Disney , Classic , love it :)
½ August 9, 2013
A completely innocent family film. Despite being full of the cheesy dialogue and plot points typical of family faire of its time, it remains easily enjoyable for modern audiences. Kids will love it and adults looking for kid-friendly films will be entertained as well.
May 5, 2013
Charming mystery family adventure. Great Cast. Good lighthearted viewing
March 2, 2013
Secret passages and general Disney silliness.
½ September 24, 2012
"You swag! My regimental tie."
July 28, 2012
Candleshoe, is an unforgettable Disney classic from my childhood, with a likable cast, just like the screenplay that bring inspiration of pirates and modern thiefs. Great comedy to all family and lovers of this classic, the only problem of Candleshoe it's the romantic vision of upper class. Fresh.
July 12, 2012
Twee Disney fare, with Jodie Foster holding everything together on charm alone.
May 30, 2012
A classic with some absolutely classic actors/actresses. Love this.
April 19, 2012
I dont want to watch.
½ March 14, 2012
Just a really lovely family movie from Disney. I really enjoyed it although I had never heard of it. Very heart-warming about a girl who is sent to Candleshoe to pretend to be the lost granddaughter of the lady of the house by a con man to rip her off. Then obviously ends up loving the mansion and the lady herself.
January 10, 2012
good one. i love the old disney "live" features
½ January 8, 2012
"You swag! My regimental tie."
January 8, 2012