The Cannonball Run Reviews

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Jan 21, 2020

Burt Reynolds and Hal Needham gather together their celeb friends from whatever party they happened to be at, steal the concept of "The Gumball Rally", and then sort of jest about how easy being a celeb actually is: one simply half-assedly goofs off out loud. Don't do it. Just don't.

• Aug 13, 2019

This is not Smokey And The Bandit. Where's the genuine laughs? The fast pace? The slapstick stunts?

• Aug 07, 2019

All-star cast thigh-slapping car chase comedy, mainly for an audience with a low threshold to have a laugh.

• Jun 09, 2019

About as dumb as you can get, its like a bunch of drunk frat boys borrowed their parents video camera rented a bunch of cars and got their equally drunk frat buddies to star in a picture they made up.

• Mar 16, 2019

Watching this with my daughter makes me realize how many times things are said that my 23 yo would have no knowledge off if I wasn’t here to explain. Great movie!

• Feb 06, 2019

1980s comedy with Stars from Burt to Jacky Chang this comedy is full of jokes and old comedy slapstick.

• Feb 23, 2018

This movie is awesome. Period. I don't care what anyone says... It may take you a couple of times to catch all the jokes and etc. However, if you invest the time into movie and can enjoy it. You can gather a plethora of laughs from a great racing movie. It's absolutely ridiculous and I love it that way. I'd put it up there with all the great racing movies and all the modern racing movies could learn quite a bit from this movie. I saw this when I was like 13 and I have loved it ever since. It's a Time Machine back into the past and I think anyone my age of 24 now could appreciate it. Watch it. Enjoy it. Love it.

• Jan 19, 2018

Lacking any real sense of urgency, The Cannonball Run fails to capture the essence of a true racing movie. Is it a racing movie though? It's a movie about a race that that doesn't appear to be a racing movie. If that's the case, then what exactly is it?. Basically a project for a bunch of A-list stars, attempting to flaunt their comedic chops and picking up a sizable paycheck in the end. Also, it's dated, very dated. What passed for comedy in 1981, doesn't exactly translate well some 30-plus years later.

• Nov 17, 2017

Pure fun and what a cast

Pure fun and what a cast

• Aug 12, 2017

Enjoyable dumb ensemble road race movie.

Enjoyable dumb ensemble road race movie.