Captain America: Civil War Reviews

• 2d ago

So good made my emotional

So good made my emotional

• 3d ago

Anthony and Joe Russo successfully incorporate all elements into an epic superhero movie.

• Jun 27, 2020

Avengers 2.5 is my 3rd Favourite MCU film. I have heard a rumor that Feige greenlighted Civil War instead of Serpent Soldier because of BvS, this the reason why I love compitition - goodness for fans. The more I watch this film the more I like, this might be my most watched MCU film and I have half of the dialogues memorised. The dialogues are so rich and filled with easter eggs, reference to older films and sets up that I find something new everytime I rewatch. This movie got us Black Panther and Spider-man, Russos and MM got them so right. T'Challa had a arc for vengeance while parallely Stark was beating Cap for vengeance for parents & Zemo was also taking revenge, its a story about multiple revenge stories interlinked with smart storytelling. 'Vengence has consumed you, it is consuming them, and I am done letting it consume me'. Peter Parker was perfect, smart way to introduce with Tony but Sony played with Tony~Uncle Ben too much. Spider-man leaving quips, movie reference and taking taking taking throughout fight sequence, teen-ager looking to impress Stark. The first thing Peter said when he heard he got selected as a Stark Intern was ask if it was paid, classic Peter. Vision line of 'Our very own strength invites challenges, challenges incites conflict, conflict breeds catastrophe' is the most underrated line in history or MCU, party because it is long but I have it memorised. #MCUnerd Now about the real deal If you look at Steve and Tony from a 3rd perspective, they both are right and wrong at the same time, flawed characters. Tony was driven by fear in Ultron now he is driven by Guilt. Captain America lost hope in institution because his SHIELD was inflantrated by Hydra. Their roots of motivations arises from the progression these characters have been taking from their past films. I loved their arguments in Avengers 1 but here it crosses the line for the final battle. Peggy dieing and Sharon Carters words of Peggy saying to stand on your ground for Cap to inspire, hits hard. Black Widow betraying Tony to let escape Steve was worth it as she knows where Steve is coming from. Scarlet and Visions love story grows a little bit more, while other side characters like Ant-man being for laughs, Clint to pit against his classic Widow and Rhodey injury feels hard but him dieing would have been much better for more consequences of actions. The registration act feels natural given the amount civilians death from past films. The airport sequence is iconic and I love that the characters are fighting but still pulling their punches, they were friends now are fighting against each other. Tony as villain is believable but you feel bad for him at the end. Zemo on the other hand is one of my favourite MCU villains, love how he pulls all the strings and he succeeds to break the avengers apart, also making way for Thanos to win. This plan is always 1 step ahead but his plans seems too much fictional if you step back and thing about everything, its a con but the other great things I gets from this movie just blows this point away. One major nerdy point, this movie had multiple times say ' Mission report, December 16, 1991' Dec 16 being Starks parents death while in Iron Man 1 (2008) showed a newpaper saying Starks died on Dec 17, this just proves people making this movies actually cares about these characters and wants to make quality movies and not just cashgrabs. Every single character gets there moment to shine and doesn't get neglected by the big cast.

• Jun 27, 2020

The best "Captain America" film ever. This film is amazing. It's cool how you got Spider-Man introduced into the MCU in this film. It is my 3rd favorite MCU film and my 2nd favorite film of 2016.

• Jun 25, 2020

It had a lot of people in a captain America movie! what else could you want ?

It had a lot of people in a captain America movie! what else could you want ?

• Jun 20, 2020

Civil War is top tier Marvel because unlike many MCU movies this one actually feels like it has stakes. It's not exactly the fun, uplifting experience most MCU movies are when two of your favorite heroes are engaged in a brutal beat down. Instead it has something many MCU movies lack, real gravitas and drama. And if you are looking for the fun-filled Marvel, the airport scene is one of the best action scenes in any superhero movie ever.

• Jun 17, 2020

my only problems with the film is the bad cgi at times and lack of hulk and thor , still a great movie but the comic version was better

• Jun 17, 2020

Captain America proves to us once again that he can never grow us a character and stands on hypocritical lies. If he had told Tony about his parents a while ago, things would have been resolved in a much better way. Hated this because of Steve but tolerated it for Tony Stark, our savior

• Jun 10, 2020

Great movie with cool action scenes

Great movie with cool action scenes

• Jun 09, 2020

A little bit overrated. The third act is worth it, but the rest of the movie is dispensable. The scene in the german airport is the worst part of the movie, it is too long, slows the pace of the movie without a reason. Also, this scene has some of the worst dialogue lines I ever saw in a movie.