Reviews

• 2d ago

I enjoy watching films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This one was okay. I found myself disoriented and a little overwhelmed with the unfamiliarity of the alien setup up and the apparent contradictions of certain things with other MCU stories. Those things were sorted out over the course of the film, but I found the disorientation unpleasant. While I appreciate that Audio Description was provided (particularly valuable in action films) I was disappointed that they encoded on a Dolby 2.0 track rather than a 5.1 track. I've come to appreciate the surround sound and feel cheated when it is not there.

• 5d ago

The first female lead film in the MCU is a decent effort. Brie Larson wonderfully plays the emotionally withdrawn and sarcastic Carol Danvers. There are some slight pacing issues and the original score isn't the best, but overall its a sound film. I was really offended by the onslaught of fan hate for this film, as every criticism had to do with the feminist tone, the dry and sarcastic lead (hello, Iron Man) and the overuse of CGI (hello, every superhero movie made). My one hope is that if a sequel is made I want to see Monica Rambeau, the 2nd Captain Marvel in the comics, also gain her powers and become Danver's protege.

• 5d ago

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸπŸŒŸ

• Sep 11, 2021

Best movie of all time, enjoyed it from beginning to end. Don’t let the salty haters fool you, they just mad they got their feelings hurt. This movie is instant classic.

• Sep 11, 2021

I just hate how perfect captain marvel is and how big of an ass hole she is

I just hate how perfect captain marvel is and how big of an ass hole she is

• Sep 10, 2021

Look, it may be a little flat and a Phase 1 movie later seems kind of repetitive, but it's still good fun.

• Sep 08, 2021

This movie was much better than the first time!!! I had a lot of fun watching this and I loved Samuel in it, he was so funny! The cinematography is just wonderful and the graphics are great except for one part. Now there are some things that ticked me off, Brie Larson wasn't that great as Captain Marvel, The way Fury lost his eye was dumb, and the way he gets the tesseract in the end credits scene is dumb too. The ending of the movie was very good. The first end credit scene too is just great!

• Sep 08, 2021

The movie was fine, until... [SPOILER WARNING] Captain Marvel unlocked her full powers & just steamroll through all of the enemies without breaking a sweat. This ruins what should have been the climax of the movie because the bad guys are literally no threat to her at all. But everything prior to that point is fine.

• Sep 05, 2021

This movie gets way too much hate for no reason rΓ­e Larson killed it as Captain Marvel and she was phenomenal I give this film a 7 out of 10

• Sep 04, 2021

A very formulatic movie with a weak plot and bad villians creating an unsatisfactory movie. I like the character of captian marvel although this plot did not do justice to her and left her very undeveloped. The plot was very weak following the MCU formula yet again but to less positive results The villians were just plain bad no real goals or intentions. Nick fury was more of a laughing stock in this movie which is not very fitting to his character making him unlikeable. The visuals were good but everything else was bad leaving a headache of a movie I wish they could of done better but sadly this is just a bad movie.