Change of Habit - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Change of Habit Reviews

August 25, 2017
This movie counters so many of his typical Romance films. Great acting and songs!
Wish we had more movies from the King!
July 25, 2015
What a waste of talent. I just can't help but be shocked at how insincere this movie was; especially in 1969, a year full of sincere and brutally honest cinema- Easy Rider, Midnight Cowboy, They Shoot Horses Don't They?, Z and Kes to name a few. Instead, we get a tepid film about three women who have actively disengaged from the society they're now trying to reenter undercover and somehow fix. I know this is my cynicism talking but the last thing anybody wanted to hear in '69 was a sermon about we should try harder to be better within the confines of whims forced upon us by a group of people who sit in ivory towers. That is the literal antithesis of the year 1969. The movie tries to be optimistic but it fails because we're just past this sort of bandaid patches over the gaping maw of social wounds.
That said, Elvis looks gorgeous in this movie and with Mary Tyler Moore they have taken over the world. Too bad the movie falls flat.
July 18, 2015
Not bad, watchable, time passes quickly. It was great to see Elvis in a more serious movie but it also has some ridiculous and/or funny scenes- intentionally i hope!
February 25, 2015
Surprisingly well done movie. Elvis plays a doctor in the inner city very believably and the supporting cast all mixes well together. An Elvis movie that is inspiring? You bet. Go back in time to 1969 and feel the optimism that spread to a well established rocker and mainstream actress. Solid film that'll make you smile.
½ December 4, 2014
I thought that was one of his worst movies
May 19, 2013
Change of Habit is a decent film. It is about Dr. John Carpenter who helps the economically disadvantaged in an inner-city medical clinic. Elvis Presley and Mary Tyler Moore give good performances. The screenplay is okay but a little slow in place. William A. Graham did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture but not one of my favorites.
April 21, 2013
Have loved it since I was a child!
February 6, 2013
Elvis Presley and Mary Tyler Moore star in this heartwarming film about a doctor who falls in love with a nun. Moore plays Michelle Gallager a nun incognito going to an area in which needs help. Elvis portrays Dr John Carpenter that works in a free clinic. This movie is a must see film and will keep you on the edge of you seat wanting what's next. Although the ending could be better the climax is fantastic.
½ February 3, 2013
A standard Elvis Presley vehicle that doesn't offer anything new to his résumé.
½ December 26, 2012
How lucky was Mary Tyler Moore to land this part?
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to watching.
October 14, 2012
Elvis last movie (TTWII and On Tour were next) and it's damn good. Elvis looked great before going to Vegas and Mary Tyler Moore is hot in this with that Nuns outfit;)

The songs are great but Have a Happy seems out of place.

The one thing I don't like about this movie is the Autism aspect of it..It seems very out of date and the scene with Elvis/Mary and the kid is very uncomfertable to watch.

Well worth a watch even if you're not an Elvis fan.
½ July 30, 2012
J'adore les comédies-romantiques musicales d'Elvis Presley, mais Change Of Habit est clairement l'une des plus mauvaises. Elvis interprétant un docteur, c'est déjà moyen, mais Mary Tyler en soeur, il faut le faire!! Non, sincèrement, je n'ai pas trop tripé.
July 20, 2012
7/20/2012: Ok. Nothing special. Cheesy acting and not his greatest musical effort.
½ June 26, 2012
Very good. Elvis and Mary Tyler Moore.
½ November 22, 2011
One of the better Elvis movies but still lacking in script and direction. It has two great leads. The ending is pretty stupid and leaves one hanging!
May 26, 2011
[I Don't see the location where I can give it STARS.]I put this on for inspiration. All the songs are just good and yet REALLY GOOD. It's a feel good movie - I try not to look at MTM as she bugs me so much here. Elvis is an international star now, although looking a bit thin. He is human Elvis. I Love seeing lovely Barbara McNair in this and many other faces to recognize. The gift of helps;free clinics;social change;education importance;even black power is represented;cute old snoopy ladies;old church out of touch; mention of the war. The songs are what I listen for and that great Elvis voice. I love everybody especially Elvis when I watch this movie. (except MTM in this).
Love the Dr. John Carpenter line "....this place can slow you down, don't you think?" To MTM in the convent.
½ May 4, 2011
It's a really good Elvis one of my top 10. I like it because of the song in the opener.
December 12, 2010
This movie is slightly more interesting than Elvis' usual movies, and it really helps to have a great actress like Mary Tyler Moore in the film too, but it's still not a fantastic movie. If you're an Elvis or Moore fan you'll like it, though.