Cheap Thrills Reviews

• Oct 06, 2019

Fun, dangerous, clever, and bonkers, ‘Cheap Thrills' offers an impressive blend of comedy and suspense that are both equally over the top and unpredictable.

• Sep 14, 2019

It had its moments, but few and far between. The acting felt forced, and the movie took too long to ramp up before going from 0 to way too much in about 30 seconds flat, relying on gross-out tactics rather than actual interesting thrills. Not for me.

• Aug 24, 2019

Fantastic black comedy, where games of one-upsmanship, sprung from desperation, lead to some dark twists. There's some pretty heavy messages throughout.

• May 02, 2019

Two former friends in financial turmoil reunite at a bar and come into contact with someone who offers them money to perform violent acts. Enjoyable from the humorous start to the brutal finish, and packs in a ton of twists along the way. There's never a dull moment, and provides plenty of cringe-worthy and laugh-out-loud moments. Horrible promotion aside, this is a one of a kind gem.

• Oct 05, 2018

What a funny movie that leaves you tense afterward. I wasn't expecting much from the film because I'm not a huge fan of comedies, but this turned out to be black comedy which I love. The movie starts off tame but then quickly escalates into a tense thriller (that's funny). The dares, which the winner gets paid for, get increasingly challenging as the payout grows. As expected around 2/3 of the way into the movie you know it's going to end up with the 2 friends being put to the ultimate somehow. But how the movie made that ending play out was in a surprising and shocking manner. The acting was really good and that's the only way that the film would work. If even one of the characters was off it would come across as disingenuous and hence a failure. The plot isn't original but the execution is great. And the best part is that it's not a series of disgusting tasks which turn you off... they are good tasks which are entertaining. If anyone got recommended this film as a horror rec (which happened to me from r/horror) it's definitely not a horror... it's a thriller. With a good ending.

• Todd S Super Reviewer
    Dec 13, 2017

Craig Daniels (Pat Healy) is having a hell of a day. He's been fired on the very same day he's recieved an eviction notice on his front door. Content to drink his troubles away, Craig runs into an old friend from High School. Together they start catching up and run into a unique couple, a couple who starts offering them money simply for doing oddball things for their amusement. The duo agrees and even goes back to the couples house with them, and that's when things really start to get bizarre. I feel like I've seen something similar and far more serious before, but I can't place my finger on it. What I really liked about this film was that despite it's B-movie status, and obvious lack of quality writing, what goes down isn't as expected as you would think. A lot of it really was surprising and they do spare us the pain and torture of doing what is obvious. I also enjoyed Pat Healy as Craig, he's not the kind of character you'd expect to see in a movie like this, and he added an interesting dynamic to a cast that was otherwise pretty droll. Cheap Trills has a few funny and unexpected moments in it, and to be honest it was better than I thought it would be. It still however very much deserves it's B-movie status and reeks of inexperience.

• Oct 10, 2017

Slightly restrained, but twisted, funny, and creative.

Slightly restrained, but twisted, funny, and creative.

• Sep 12, 2017

i literally stood up and clapped at the end of the movie even though no one else was home besides the dog. i teared up from laughing so hard multiple times and wished the movie could have gone on and on. brilliant.

• May 30, 2017

its good... different, but good lol

its good... different, but good lol

• Mar 04, 2017

Rating: 6.75/10 Well...that was messed up.

Rating: 6.75/10 Well...that was messed up.