The Cheyenne Social Club Reviews

• Nov 15, 2018

The Cheyenne Social Club is a decent film. It is about a lazy cowhand and his laid-back partner inherit a piece of property: the Cheyenne Social Club. James Stewart and Henry give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places. Gene Kelly did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the humor and romance.

• Mar 27, 2018

Two lead actors, Stewart and Fonda, make it worth watching but the concept gets old after the first hour.

• Jul 29, 2017

Whore house Shenanigans.

Whore house Shenanigans.

• Jul 24, 2017

I love the duo of jimmy stewart and Henry Fonda this is a classic fun movie enjoy and cheers

• Jul 10, 2016

160718: Harley (Henry Fonda) made this film for me though I found him both enjoyable and an annoyance at times. Some good laughs are held within this generally light-hearted film. Loved seeing Mom Partridge (Shirley Jones) again. Brought a smile to my face. Well worth watching and a must for western fans.

• Feb 16, 2016

Surprisingly enjoyable movie about two Texas cowboys surprised to find out that one of them has inherited a whorehouse from his recently deceased brother. Henry Fonda and Jimmy Stewart really have great chemistry with each other as lifelong friends trying to figure out how to get rid of this newly acquired possession. Some nice funny moments but a bit of a hackeyed end but still, Gene Kelly did a great job of directing this one.

• Feb 12, 2015

One of my favorite Westerns. Funny, dramatic, and with Jimmy Stewart, Henry Fonda and Shirley Jones, talented cast makes this an enjoyable adventure.

• Dec 27, 2014

(63%) A light hearted comedy western made toward the latter stages of both James Stewart, Henry Fonda's career, and actually westerns in general. The premise is strong and this does a decent job at telling it through good performances along better than average writing. Despite this being very much centred around prostitution it's as squeaky clean as any Disney movie, with very little in terms of sleaze. In fact even the brothel itself is spotless, I've seen dirtier real life hospitals. With its charm, nicely drawn characters, and good entertainment value I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to all fans of the western genre or just those looking for something decent to pass the time.

• Dec 27, 2014

Only watched it for Jimmy.

Only watched it for Jimmy.

• Sep 07, 2013

Straight arrow James Stewart inherits a bordello from his brother and comedy ensues. Based on a novel by from the author of "Night of the Hunter" is surprisingly light and silly. Outside of the cast which also includes Henry Fonda as Stewart's goofy friend and Mrs. Partridge, Shirley Jones, as the love interest. Gene Kelly directed the film.