Christmas With the Kranks Reviews

• 2d ago

I don’t understand the hate. This is a fun holiday film that has a nice heartwarming ending. I liked it.

• 2d ago

I don't understand all the negative comments about how terrible this film is. Me and my family absolutely love it, it's a feel good, easy watch Christmas film. It's a good laugh and is definitely at the top of my favourite Christmas films. It definitely deserves much better reviews than this

• 2d ago

Classic comedy Christmas movie, one to watch every year!!

Classic comedy Christmas movie, one to watch every year!!

• 6d ago

Not sure why everyone harps on this movie so much. Its a Christmas movie. Funny, cute and mostly loveable. Everything else is forgiveable. Against its a Christmas movie.

• Nov 22, 2020

This is a must watch for my family every Christmas! Not sure why there are so many bad audience reviews. We love it.

• Nov 21, 2020

What were you actually looking for? A Christmas movie? Boom. Chris Columbus worked his familial prestidigitation on a Grisham novel. Tim Allen is Christmas royalty...

• Nov 16, 2020

I dont understand all the hate this movie. I think it's quite funny. It's part ofnour annual Christmas rotation. It is a great family movie.

• Nov 09, 2020

With comedy being its only redeeming quality its a shame it only had about two intentionally funny jokes and both were cheap and out of place. For a Christmas movie its Christmas spirit feels disturbingly misguided. The whole plot is that a couple who have been donating, participating, and selflessly contributing to the community during Christmas for an estimated 17 years give or take want to skip Christmas because their daughter is in college and go on a cruise. Seems like this couple deserves a break and should go on a relaxing cruise together, but apparently the oppressively disturbing neighborhood they live in has other plans for them. Which conceptually could be funny if not incredibly insane but the movie plays it straight and it comes off as the entire neighborhood are terrible people who force these generous people to participate. The couple are constantly harassed and borderline attacked throughout and then halfway through they find out their daughter is coming home and change their minds. The next half of the movie poor Tim Allen is bashed by not only the neighbors but his wife who was complicit in his idea to go on vacation. The poor man gives his neighbors his cruise tickets in an act of kindness that would have come off as very touching if the neighbors weren't antagonistic to him the whole movie, they encouraged carolers to trespass and harass the Kranks on their property forcing them to hide in the basement as well as conspired to stop their vacation. The gift scene just felt so half baked with absolutely nothing building to it and no pay off. The only reason anyone would have found it touching is because the rest of the movie is a cheap and cheesy mess of broad comedy and overacting with absolute nonsense plot points. The two funny jokes are a joke about Botox that felt out of place in a kids film and was just an odd out of place joke in any Christmas movie that came out of nowhere. The other funny joke was when one of the neighbors assaults Mrs Krank as she tries to leave in her car but that joke wasn't as funny as it was ridiculous. There is also this weird joke about a guy named Marty who is implied to be Santa but is also this weirdo that pops up throughout the film that makes absolutely no sense. It feels like they got a bunch of adult swim writers to write jokes that don't work for a live action kids Christmas movie. Maybe it would work with the write script, budget, and effects but the movie is so bad and pushed through the generic Christmas movie cookie cutter that the joke is so off and tonally makes this movie feel like even more of a Frankenstein. The acting is corny, the writing is painfully stupid and cheesy, the conflict makes no sense, and lastly the theme is unsettling and is communicated through a story that makes no sense and makes you hate every character. I pray I will never have to watch this terrible movie about giving into other peoples demands even if you don't want to. The fact that Tim Allen's character is called greedy and selfish is insane and could have easily been written so that the audience actually saw him being greedy but he wasn't the story communicates that every year he has been an extremely generous person. This does not feel like a Christmas movie but a ploy to attack people who don't celebrate Christmas and get them to spend money. I never want to witness this ever again.

• Oct 11, 2020

It's our annual holiday treat for my wife and I along with The Christmas Lodge, It's a Wonderful Life, Scrooge (Albert Finney), Die Hard (it's not Christmas till Hans falls off Nakatomi Towers), Christmas Vacation, Scrooged (Bill Murray), Holiday Inn, The Santa Clause, White Christmas, A Christmas Story (Ralphie gets a Red Ryder BB gun), How the Grinch Stole Christmas (both of them), and Home Alone. So Christmas with the Kranks is in there with the best of them.

• Sep 25, 2020

i think on the contrairy this film has the comedy and the heart like every holiday movie there is. i watch it every year and its one of my favorites