CJ7 Reviews

• Dec 27, 2019

not bad . it so funny

not bad . it so funny

• Aug 20, 2019

At first I was laughing the crap out of it, now it's uh... weird movie that I'll never see again partially. That is if I decided to revisit it which I'm gonna do right now. t.. Dicky move, right. This reminds me of one those life action movies of Nick shows all over again. But great movie if you have an hour to spare if you out of steam. Oh hey, Dicky has an adult gf

• Feb 17, 2017

this is a much better movie than its scores indicate. it's probably because it's a chinese movie trying to overcome bias against chinese/asian/foreign movies. it's on tv now with subtitles. why? chow's movies usually come dubbed.

• Jan 07, 2017

entertaining family movie with this surprise cute character

entertaining family movie with this surprise cute character

• Sep 18, 2016

I usually don't like movies with subtitles, if I want to read I grab a book. with that being said this I found this movie to be very cute

• Feb 22, 2016

The movie is great i like how Stephen Chow's made the scene with the kid doing the buddha's hand from the movie kung fu hustle. but what ruin the movie was the treatment giving to the creature in the dog scene & the toilet scene. 'I get it' he supposed to be upset with the creature, but they over did enough to make the kid look a bit psycho. I'm hoping for a sequel and make them funny stuff like in the kid dream. keep the creature sense of humor as is.

• Feb 18, 2016

I watched this with a Mandarin dub, so the voices of the characters were very fast and all very high pitched. But I was generally impressed with the acting of the young girl (who cross dresses to become the main guy character). The plot of the movie is satisfying in a predictable way. My classmates and I called every single plot twist but overall it was moderately entertaining. If I was watching it by myself I would not have finished it. The computer graphics were choppy for my spoiled modern taste. Watched a lot of character development in both the child and father, which I enjoyed. Overall the alien was really cute and likable, although I really don't understand it's overwhelmingly goodnaturedness. How many times can you return with tail wiggles and cries of joy to the boy who attempted to murder you? I could learn a few lessons from this alien. Overall mediocre - I wouldn't recommend it to anyone or watch it again.

• Nov 23, 2015

A Stephen Chow's directorial piece which apparently cater to the China market.

A Stephen Chow's directorial piece which apparently cater to the China market.

• Jun 10, 2015

Cute movie about a little kid who befriends an alien from outer space. A Chinese version of E.T. but with a simpler story line meant for children.

• May 28, 2015

My kids LOVE this movie! It's so cute & funny & well made :) it has an English dubbed version and English subtitles available - definitely a great watch, perfect for kids and adults can enjoy it too