Constantine Reviews

• 5d ago

O filme não é ruim, mas a enorme quantidade de clichês, a releitura fraca do cristianismo, as cenas de ação medíocres e plot nada convincente me impossibilitam de gostar desse longa. Audio: English, with portuguese subtitles. J4300 32' TV Speakers Quality: 720p SDR [bluray]

• 6d ago

Four bags of popcorn, some holy water, some cigarettes, some spells, and The One himself. That's right, Keanu Reeves is back in a final sendoff to the Matrix which shows you what happened after he sacrificed himself to the machines, and he still has so much to give! What a guy! The practical effects in this movie were so wild it almost looks as good as CGI and a big step up from when Neo beat that swarm of agents with a pipe in Matrix 2. This movie is also great because they say its name often and in a lot of different ways, "Constantine". Popcorn connections, Tilda Swinton and Digimon Houston from the MCU. That Tilda Swinton can play anyone! Loved her in Okja and Snowpiercer too, but real talk, go check up on your mom and make sure she isn't actually Tilda Swinton flexing her acting chops. Rachel Weiss was a treat to see in this movie, but I wish she would have brought along Brendan Frasier from the Mummy, but Daniel Craig is the protective type. It's rumored that Daniel Craig went to the set of this movie, went onto Keanu's trailer and said "if you try anything with my wife, I'll kill you. You're NOT the one." So you see, the boys fought over Catherine Zeta Jones, they've fought over Angelina Jolie, and they fought over Rachel Wise. It's two bad there are not actually 2 Rachel Wiseses like in the movie, because maybe it Craig and Reeves didn't have that competition, they could have been brothers in laws. Peter Stormare rounds out the roster in a sinister but savory performance. He's not such a bad guy if you think about it in this movie - or is he? I don't want to spoil too much. But one thing is for sure, Digimon is really cool in this.

• Oct 07, 2020

One star just because I like Keanu Reeves. Totally bad movie

One star just because I like Keanu Reeves. Totally bad movie

• Sep 29, 2020

Too bad it was meant to be just one movie. John Constantine has potential to be a never ending story, but the crowd prefer romantic-pretty heros with panties...

• Sep 23, 2020

As a comic book fan, I enjoy reading Hellbrazer or Constantine. Comparing the movie and the tv version, tv version of Constantine is much better. Keanu Reeves is a serious Constantine exorcist demonologist is ok. Would have been better if he dyed his hair blonde. Overall the plot of the story is decent. Chas Kramer (Shia LaBeouf) provides good balance that to Constantine (Reeves) dryness. Would like to see Matt Ryan do a movie of Constantine! Decent movie and would rewatch a few times.

• Sep 13, 2020

Costantine is based on a comic book and I think adaptation was not that good. The acting of each actor in this movie was just okay. Keanu Reeves, who was in main lead didn't acted that good due to which I was not able to get attached to his character. The graphic are good. Some fight scenes are good, but some fall flat. The plot is confusing for those who don't pay attention to details. Overall, It is entertaining but you may not want to watch it again.

• Sep 01, 2020

This movie is an absolute masterpiece, i see it from time to time, everything about it is awesome, best lucifer despiction, best story, best characters, best roleplay i dont know what the hell the stupid critics of this site are thinking.

• Aug 29, 2020

At a 46% with a good beginning statement [while iT has solid production values and an intriguing premise] in their review? Give me a !!c'mon! break... This deserves a rerating, Rottontomatoes, PLEASE. It is more masterfully put together than you give it credit for... "not as focused\lacks focus as : The Matrix".. REALLY? Does it HAVE to be?!! Short_Answer: GO WATCH IT, AND WATCH IT, AND WATCH IT AGAIN... A fan-underappreciated childhood nostalgi favorite film of always for me!

• Aug 24, 2020

This film despite not being based on comics presents us with an exorcist character with acceptable CGI and good plot

• Aug 19, 2020

I can see how the Keanu Reeves CONSTANTINE would gain popularity over time instead of gaining notoriety on first release. The dangers of smoking bit is almost overblown except to people who've ever heard about the conditions and side-effects of working in a sulfur mine. Reeves, we all know what he's about, even if he's playing an alternate universe version of the title character. Weis, Swinton and LaBouf play interesting supporting characters with excellent side stories that fit in the whole narrative. There're a lot of peculiar things as it addresses modern (Catholic) mythologies. In all, it's worth watching this movie as it's seen a particular type of life after death.