Cop Land Reviews

• Dec 25, 2019

Pretty good. Not quite a Scorsce movie but pretty good.

Pretty good. Not quite a Scorsce movie but pretty good.

• Oct 18, 2019

Probably the most underrated crime movie

Probably the most underrated crime movie

• Sep 23, 2019

When i first saw this I was surprised how tame this movie is. It allows us to receive and digest all the information before we get to most of the action.

• Aug 04, 2019

Cop Land has a great cast and plot. But it relents on it's ending and I didn't feel satisfied. I felt like I had been rushed through the whole experience.

• Jul 28, 2019

Flat out amazing film with a perfect cast and great performances. The script is outstanding and the characters are written very well. One of the finest cop dramas of all time and every single scene almost jumps off the screen. Great redemption story for the main character and Stallone playing him is unexpected since he typically plays macho tough men, rather than a softspoken mild person. Expectations are subverted that way and it really drives the central story. The film also climaxes in one of my favorite movie shootouts of all time.

• May 06, 2019

One of my all time favorite films.. the term "ahead of it's time," is overused but it's truly the case here with this movie. It was way too unique for 1997 to handle. You can blame Miramax as they hyped it as the next Pulp Fiction when it was anything but, thankfully it is it's own wonderful beast. This movie had the courage to allow one of the best action heroes ever to change and be out of his zone and it plays beautifully as Stallone is at his best here. Many would expect Deniro or Keitel to be the bright spots but it's Sly and Liotta owning the movie. They are the most interesting and compelling characters of the whole thing. What makes this work is that no one really steals from each other: Stallone shines as much as Keitel or even Garaffalo did. My fav of the villains was Robert Patrick who was at his best here. The whole thing's a soilid character study on how to do the right thing in the midst of corruption and every bit of life turning on you. Stallone's guy has all kinds of hell thrown in his face yet he mans up and becomes a true badass thru the movie.. a great arc. Also great here is is his lost love story as well as seeing how the baddies work.. a lot wasn't fully examined sadly but it works so well. The Climax is one of the best in all of film.. such a heartbreaking yet empowering ending. I'm not gonna spoil it but it's damn amazing.. never seen many like it. Such a shame this one's not fully appreciated it deserved better.

• Mar 05, 2019

Totally underrated movie. Sylvester Stalloneï¿ 1/2(TM)s performance is excellent. I watch this movie at least once a year...

• Jan 31, 2019

The best inspiring movie ever made!

The best inspiring movie ever made!

• Nov 26, 2018

A Scorsese-eque film that has increasingly shaky relationships between the characters until reaching a boiling point that can not be contained any longer. A very enjoyable action-drama.

Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Sep 11, 2018

Weird that it took me so long to watch given the cast. Look, Cop Land isn't the best movie in the filmography of anybody involved, but it was a worthwhile watch, and a nice way to break up the crap horror we've been on a bender of lately.