Cruel Jaws Reviews

• Jul 16, 2019

Great!!! Low budget however.

Great!!! Low budget however.

• May 24, 2017

BEautiful movie, masterpiece of modern cinema

BEautiful movie, masterpiece of modern cinema

• Oct 06, 2015

The name says enough

The name says enough

• Feb 21, 2015

Cruel Jaws is quite amazing... amazing in the sense that I don't know how anybody got away with it legally. It's a Jaws rip-off, of course, but it uses footage from the Jaws movies, as well as two other Jaws rip-offs The Last Shark and Deep Blood. They shot about 40% of this and used the other footage to complete it. And the fact that no one decided to sue them is extraordinary. Now, all these years later, it's a tough movie to find on DVD in the US because of that. Distributors know that it doesn't have a very large fan base and that paying for the footage in order to release it probably isn't a wise investment. Even Scream Factory attempted to go after it, but dropped it almost immediately. But, as far as movies that are so bad they're good, this is a good one to pick out. You can find it easily on Youtube or elsewhere if you don't want to pay for any overseas bootleg of the movie. It's fun and interesting because of the illegal use of the footage, which is a lot to say for a good/bad movie of its ilk.

• Feb 01, 2015

Very very very bad a waste of time Watch this job was five is the worst movie out of the series I would rather watch Jaws 4 her all day instead of this trash of a movie it's just a copy of Jaws 1 2 and 3 and three do not watch it's terrible movie terrible bad trash horrible disgusting movie this should of never being made do not watch this bad movie whoever directed did a bad job whoever wrote the script did a bad job do not watch it's a waste of time I hate this movie when I first Watch this in the first three minutes I thought it was terrible to not watch a bad movie

• Nov 01, 2013

To call Cruel Jaws a movie is a Cruel Joke... Seriously, this 'movie' really is a cruel joke. How this managed to make it all the way to film festivals is beyond me? It steals from every other shark movie that came before it, right down to the stock footage. The 'writing' is plagiarized to a fault, the 'actors' are terrible to endure, and the entire thing just wreaks of someone basically giving you the metaphorically middle finger the whole time, and then laughing at you for truly wasting an hour and a half of your life. It gets so bad, I was manically laughing at the sheer stupidity of the whole thing. Movie or not, Cruel Jaws has at least earned one credential, as one of the worst 'entertainment' experiences I have had to endure...

• Mar 24, 2013

The movie is really bad. The Japanese subtitles are annoying. Peter Benchley (author of Jaws) for some stupid reason gave Bruno Mattei permission to use dialogue from his book for the movie. There also is some Star Wars-like music in it. And the fact that they used stock footage from Jaws movies, The Last Shark and Deep Blood instead of building their own shark is not cool.

• Feb 22, 2013

A bad movie with good stock footage. Entertaining, though.

A bad movie with good stock footage. Entertaining, though.

• Jan 31, 2013

When we're talking bad killer shark flicks, two titles always top the list: SHARK ATTACK 3 and Bruno Mattei's made-for-TV movie, CRUEL JAWS. CRUEL JAWS uses so much stolen footage and lifted dialog from other films that it can hardly be recognized as a unique film of its own. The characters and events resemble the original JAWS so much, in fact, that Peter Benchley was given a writing credit despite having no involvement in the production. Fans will note specific instances that have also been blatantly removed from JAWS 3 and THE LAST SHARK, the latter of which is used the most frequently throughout the film. Mattei butchers THE LAST SHARK, Italy's premiere sharksploitation flick, and re-edits nearly half the film into his own with all the precision of a hacksaw. Plagiarism aside, what does exist of Mattei's original footage consists only of the most awful and absurd acting ever to come out of international waters. It is unintentionally hilarious, and serves as a never-ending source of entertainment for B-movie fans. Whether we're looking at the piss-poor line deliveries or the sad attempts at rewriting Benchley's material, CRUEL JAWS is a cinematic abortion from start to finish, but it is so perfectly bad that it even exceeds SHARK ATTACK 3 in the race for worst shark film ever made.

• Sep 02, 2012

Bruno Mattei has never been known for originality but this one takes the cake as it not only rips off ideas from Jaws but actually uses scenes from it...AND the sequels...AND it's older cousins, The Last Shark and Deep Blood. The only fun here though is trying to figure out which scene came from which film otherwise its a dull, eye rolling waste of time.