Dark Night Reviews

• Apr 11, 2020

The Dark Night is an absolute waste of time. The film (if you can even call it that) is full of just empty space. The plot is completely unorganized. Even after finishing it; I still can't determine if this film takes place before, or after the 2012 Colorado Shooting. Dialogue is also practically absent. It took me 3 days to finish watching this, because I couldn't submit myself to watch this any longer than 8 minutes. This whole experience was complete torture. The film sucks, the ending was horrific, and the fact that Rotten Tomatoes rated this film at a %62 is baffling. That score is only %6 short of Joker's score. Did they actually watch this film? Don't listen to these, "movie critics," STAY AWAY FROM THIS FILM.

• Aug 05, 2018

The visuals in this film are outstanding but the story isn't good. I like the approach that the filmmakers took with this film. Even though the movie lacks a real story it's still very interesting to watch due to the visuals. The visuals make you think a lot. I think this is a very great indie film to watch. Love the artsy, dark mood and tone for this film. I think this film would've been much stronger with more dialogue. It felt much longer than 85 minutes due to the lack of dialgue.

• Jul 25, 2018

I watched this for free and still feel like I was robbed and beaten. Just when you believe nothing has happened...still nothing else happens. 90 minutes of miserable boredom, mumbling, wandering.

• Jun 04, 2018

This is a poor man's "Elephant", only without any of the attributes that made that film worthwhile.

• Mar 25, 2018

How apt i thought, with the inspiring #MarchForOurLives occurring in Washington, to watch this. The director adopted the right approach in not sensationalising the cinema atrocity. It's just after 5-minutes you get it that the characters collectively mesh into a portrait of a dislocated society. You then have to sit through 80-minutes of skateboarding, selfies and PS4 violent games. Gus Van Sant's superb Elephant this is not.

• Jan 08, 2018

Typical indie style, Never got to the point. Boring.

Typical indie style, Never got to the point. Boring.

• Sep 12, 2017

Cleverness in the title and astonishing cinematography isn't enough to maintain interest in the plodding narrative.

• Aug 21, 2017

The most boring movie I have seriously ever seen. Learned nothing about the character to help understand motive or finality. I tried to skip through the constant driving around and selfie-taking and get to any interesting parts and there were none. Horrible waste of time. Absolutely horrible.

• Aug 19, 2017

The makers were so focused on atmosphere and trying to capture the feeling of this event that in the process, forgot to make a good movie.

• Aug 06, 2017

Tedious and depressive. The cinematography is one suicidal image after another accompanied by endless repetitions of "You are my sunshine" sung by a vocalist recording her last moments of barbiturated consciousness. Truly a stinker.