Death Becomes Her - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Death Becomes Her Reviews

½ November 13, 2017
This movie was so silly and dramatic, but I do love Streep and Hawn so I stuck through. It was corny, but it was a fun.
October 15, 2017
A dark comedy at it's funniest. Horror fans that can find humor in zombie TV shows and movies will find Death Becomes Her to be a perfect break from pure violence and gore. Those of you that have always wanted to know how an action hero like Bruce Willis would perform as a gelded softy will get their answer in glorious spades. Go rent or stream or attend a revival of this macabre comedy classic.
October 14, 2017
This consistently interesting zombie black comedy finds its groove with a thematically-appropriate last act protagonist-switch, despite the whiff of misogyny. Rent it.
August 10, 2017
Entertaining but limited
August 8, 2017
Funny and quirky 80s comedy.
July 24, 2017
Zemecks is at his best here with a small budget character driven hybrid of melodramatic drama and horror with perfect results. Headlines by Streep, Hawn and Willis who are all wonderfully brilliant, especially the latter who hasn't eclipsed this performance since. The script is so razor sharp and never once stops being both self aware and hilarious throughout.
June 24, 2017
This is just a classic. Great great. Great plot. Dark comedy. It never gets old
½ June 20, 2017
In this darker than dark comedy, the actors (Meryl Streep and Goldie Hawn) are used as props, part of Bob Zemeckis' nasty, effects-driven satire of our obsession with youth and physical looks.
April 6, 2017
A nod and wink to Age-fighting in Hollywood, this is still a very timely, sly movie.
Dryly Hilarious at times, slapstick at others, great use of special effects as comedy - when Hawn sits down on the couch after a brawl - jawdropping. And the ending fight scenes are the perfect marriage of humor and effects.
Willis, Hawn, and Streep all relish their rivalrous roles here, and thoroughly poured themselves into the characters to make the humor guffaw-worthy and satisfying.
A few clunky bits misfire, but the Brilliance here clearly "covers the flaws" - pun intended..
4 winking eye-lifts out of 5
December 30, 2016
I think this is an under rated and under appreciated movie. The special effects are just enough to be funny and illustrate the ridiculousness of the situation. Bruce Willis is excellent in a rare comedy role. The scene with Sidney Pollack is priceless and "she'll be furious" (in the morgue) and "it's a miracle" are lines often quoted by our family. Funny and well written. The ending is well done.
December 6, 2016
A good cast and dark humor, but goes into a confusing direction that needed some guidance to either be more goofy, or more serious.
November 27, 2016
This is a fun film from Robert Zemeckis with Bruce Willis, Goldie Hawn and Meryl Streep who seems to be having a blast. Hawn and Streep take a potion that gives them everlasting life, but there's a catch..they must really take care of their bodies. The film is silly, but an easy and enjoyable watch,
½ November 16, 2016
I had not seen this since it's original theatrical run. Although I do not like Robert Zemeckis's work, I remembered this as one I didn't mind. I was wrong about that. One issue I have with Zemeckis is that he tends to make films that ride entirely on the effects work. Once a film like this gets old enough that the effects work no longer impresses anyone, you have nothing left that's of any interest. What you have here is three actors mugging mercilessly in an unfunny comedy.
September 18, 2016
This is a superb black comedy. Critics who dislike it are just jealous because they cannot write this funny; the only explanation I can think of. Hawn and Streep are at the top of their scenery-chewing best and Bruce Willis plays straight man to their over-the-top emoting.
September 17, 2016
Super campy beyond belief! Proof that Meryl Streep has great comedic timing :)
August 17, 2016
A hillarius film with nice special effects and an amazing cast it was a good experience to watch it and i personaly loved it
August 15, 2016
A quirky fun comedy that I used to love a child...one of the few films that makes me L O L
½ July 30, 2016
dumb as any of the 80's should be, funny, non sense . great
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Like it, Very different and full of dark humour that fits the movie very well, I don't think the story has been done before and the great casting only makes the film better.
½ May 28, 2016
Not the greatest film that Meryl Streep and Goldie Hawn ever made. But amusing for those who observe the influence on beauty of the natural process of aging, and what the figure of Meryl Streep will do to turn back the clock.