Death Becomes Her - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Death Becomes Her Reviews

April 6, 2017
A nod and wink to Age-fighting in Hollywood, this is still a very timely, sly movie.
Dryly Hilarious at times, slapstick at others, great use of special effects as comedy - when Hawn sits down on the couch after a brawl - jawdropping. And the ending fight scenes are the perfect marriage of humor and effects.
Willis, Hawn, and Streep all relish their rivalrous roles here, and thoroughly poured themselves into the characters to make the humor guffaw-worthy and satisfying.
A few clunky bits misfire, but the Brilliance here clearly "covers the flaws" - pun intended..
4 winking eye-lifts out of 5
December 30, 2016
I think this is an under rated and under appreciated movie. The special effects are just enough to be funny and illustrate the ridiculousness of the situation. Bruce Willis is excellent in a rare comedy role. The scene with Sidney Pollack is priceless and "she'll be furious" (in the morgue) and "it's a miracle" are lines often quoted by our family. Funny and well written. The ending is well done.
December 6, 2016
A good cast and dark humor, but goes into a confusing direction that needed some guidance to either be more goofy, or more serious.
November 27, 2016
This is a fun film from Robert Zemeckis with Bruce Willis, Goldie Hawn and Meryl Streep who seems to be having a blast. Hawn and Streep take a potion that gives them everlasting life, but there's a catch..they must really take care of their bodies. The film is silly, but an easy and enjoyable watch,
½ November 16, 2016
I had not seen this since it's original theatrical run. Although I do not like Robert Zemeckis's work, I remembered this as one I didn't mind. I was wrong about that. One issue I have with Zemeckis is that he tends to make films that ride entirely on the effects work. Once a film like this gets old enough that the effects work no longer impresses anyone, you have nothing left that's of any interest. What you have here is three actors mugging mercilessly in an unfunny comedy.
September 18, 2016
This is a superb black comedy. Critics who dislike it are just jealous because they cannot write this funny; the only explanation I can think of. Hawn and Streep are at the top of their scenery-chewing best and Bruce Willis plays straight man to their over-the-top emoting.
September 17, 2016
Super campy beyond belief! Proof that Meryl Streep has great comedic timing :)
August 17, 2016
A hillarius film with nice special effects and an amazing cast it was a good experience to watch it and i personaly loved it
August 15, 2016
A quirky fun comedy that I used to love a child...one of the few films that makes me L O L
½ July 30, 2016
dumb as any of the 80's should be, funny, non sense . great
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Like it, Very different and full of dark humour that fits the movie very well, I don't think the story has been done before and the great casting only makes the film better.
½ May 28, 2016
Not the greatest film that Meryl Streep and Goldie Hawn ever made. But amusing for those who observe the influence on beauty of the natural process of aging, and what the figure of Meryl Streep will do to turn back the clock.
May 12, 2016
Slightly more profound than one could imagine
April 28, 2016
So damn great! Zemeckis can do no wrong. It's like watching a classic episode of Tales From The Crypt.
½ April 26, 2016
The intriguing premise wraps itself up far too early resulting in a lot of meandering filler for the final act, but the movie's hysterical with three committed and off the wall performances.
½ April 16, 2016
Death Becomes Her is a dark tale about vanity written by David Koepp , with unforgettable visual effects and one of Bruce Willis and Meryl Streep best performances
½ April 11, 2016
I remember this film being good when i watched it as a kid, but watched it the other day and thought it was shit. Proper let down.
½ March 22, 2016
Deadly obsession for beauty with a twist! its worth revenge, it's worth the money, marriage, risks. We believe beauty is atainable, able to live forever, it's not out of our reach, and it's secrets are hidden, but out there. The money making world of beauty and beauty products. Beauty is powerful, ancients hold the secrets, has some magic and mystic that can change you. The obsession to own these powers of beauty is worth murder. How much time, energy we use to focus on ourself, for others to regard us in a idolized way. We strive to be great, like past greats, incapsulated, frozen in time in their peak of greatness. When anything else without our peak moments is deathly. We have many people that put us altogether and completely need them to make us look great in time of life and in deathl
February 4, 2016
Do you remember where you parked the car?