Destroy All Monsters - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Destroy All Monsters Reviews

August 15, 2016
Godzilla shares his righteous spotlight with some of the incredible monsters that have challenged him and that is the formula that pleased me, a Godzilla fan.
½ May 31, 2016
I look back at the fight scene with all the kaiju and the recent Godzilla final war fights and thought Destroy all Monsters was much better. Too much human action and not enough Monster mayhem is my only other problem with the movie.
May 24, 2016
they got everybody here but the terminator!
½ March 28, 2016
This is the 9th Godzilla movie. IT is also the 5th Mothra movie. It is also the 4th Rodan movie. This is better then most of the Godzilla movie made before it. It is better then all the Mothra movies made before it. It is better then most of the Rodan movies made before it. It is one the best movie from 1968. The 12th Godzilla movie is also the 6th Mothra movie. It is called Godzilla vs Gigan. That one is better then this one. The 13th Godzilla movie is also the 5th Rodan movie it is called Godzilla vs Megalon. That one is also better. But still this is a great movie. See all the Rodan movies. They are all great films. See all the Mothra movies. There also great films
August 5, 2015
Like the first film, this is a timeless classic and is very entertaining.
½ June 13, 2015
Cool seeing all the monsters together
½ October 12, 2014
Another piece in the decline of the Godzilla franchise.
½ August 13, 2014
The limited screen time the monsters share make this hardly the all out monster mash it advertised itself as. Still with so many monsters appearing and a fun if goofy sci-fi plot the movie has its charms for fans of giant monsters and I'm one who hopes that the new Godzilla series gives it a modern remake. At the very least its a definite improvement over its last 4 predecessors and one that holds up best today despite its obviously dated as can be effects
August 10, 2014
an awesome movie a little slow at times but the end battle is amazing
August 8, 2014
Despite having most of the classic Toho monsters, this movie makes the mistake of focusing on the humans boring efforts to stop the aliens who are controlling the monsters. The only reason that I like this movie at ALL is because of the AWESOME final battle. It's an okay movie.

3/5
½ August 7, 2014
The humans get the most attention, which sucks, but that final monster fight near the end makes it all worth it.
½ July 16, 2014
One of my favorite Godzilla films! Almost all of the famous Toho monsters come together to fight King Ghidorah, and it's epic! The special effects are great, and the acting is pretty good. The final battle is epic. This was origially supposed to be the finale, and if it had been, it would have been a great way to go out!
June 23, 2014
I have seen this movie so long ago and it's still one of the very best Godzilla Movies ever
May 9, 2014
The intended epic finale of Godzilla is not as...well, epic as it should have been, and even has its false advertisement at hand (not ALL the monsters shown on posters and trailers actually fight), but this was a huge relief for me, after many miss Godzilla movies that never reached any expectation. Destroy All Monsters puts many monsters to fight King Ghidorah...at the last 20 minutes, but it sure worths it, after going through some uncaring human story reaching aliens.

And that's the main problem with Destroy All Monsters: it's mostly the humans trying to reach the aliens in order to take control of all the monsters running loose. While it's not bad, it surely is disappointing. This was, as previously mentioned, supposed to be the final Godzilla film, and for such film, one would expect more of Godzilla in it, but the film gives us not as much as we could hope. However, all the fails are forgiven thanks to the big match at the end, which one can simply skip right into it and avoid the non-Godzilla story.

Destroy All Monsters is either one of the best Godzilla films or simply one of the good ones, without many responsibilities in characters or story. Even after many films, the first one (Gojira) is still the best. I can safely say, Destroy All Monsters is pretty good, entertaining and kinda satisfying. Check it out, but you may want to jump right into the final fight to avoid any issues.
April 17, 2014
The rating would be higher if it focused less on the human element, and more on the Monsters
April 7, 2014
Although 'Destroy All Monsters' seemed a moderately campy affair, the final battle and the overall light hearted story were more than fun enough viewing... It was nice to see all of the greatest monsters from the Godzilla franchise in battle; but part of me misses the more dark roots of the series... Godzilla is pretty much a regular superhero now!
½ April 5, 2014
Destroy All Monsters(1968)
Directed By:Ishiro Honda
My Review
I wasn't sure if I would enjoy this one too much,cause all of the other Godzilla films I've seen recently were disappointing to me. But then I put in my DVD for this one and from start to finish it felt like a fun nice, family monster movie. Just a little disappointing with all of the human scenes that are not so interesting which is what killed it for me in the films I saw before this one.
When the film started it opened up nicely,you get a narration of the time and setting,are informed of the monsters location and just which monsters are there. It was pretty cool seeing all those Kaiju on screen. The monsters that appear in the film(some of which are cameos)are Godzilla (and son), Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah... and even tosses in Anzilla, Baragon, Goro, Wendra, Spiga,Varan,and Kumonga-the spider. Their is a race of evil aliens known as Kilaaks,who are controlling the monsters and send Godzilla to New York whichj looked cool. I couldn't remember who they sent for the other monsters.
I enjoyed seeing all the monsters whenever they would go to a destination and wreck the place. The suits do always look cool in these Kaiju movies.I'm not one for their soundtracks though just the original Godzilla theme. Everyone's favorite highlight of the film is when the monsters are finally freed of their control but the Kilaaks send Ghidra the three headed monster from outer space, but all of the monsters use their special attacks,it was loads of fun. I give Destroy All Monsters a three and a half out of five.
½ April 5, 2014
Destroy All Monsters(1968)
Directed By:Ishiro Honda
My Review
November 6, 2013
Definatly the best sequel to come out since the original movie, just a lot of fun and a lot of action. And to have a strong human plot is always a plus in my book.