Dilwale Reviews

• Apr 21, 2019

"Dilwale" pushes the nostalgic idea of having Shah Rukh Khan paired with Kajol like they were multiple times in the past, but it forgets to be a good movie. Rohit Shetty is a very hit or miss director, and he typically seems to have a miss more than a hit. This movie just has a straight-up bad story. I don't think any level of star power can fix that. The movie is over the top and ridiculous but also very boring. I found myself just waiting for it to end as it continued to only get worse and worse as the movie progressed. It's a bizarre movie that thinks it is just mindless entertainment, but it is quite the opposite.

• Jan 29, 2019

Even a die-hard fan such as myself can't argue about how bad that turned out to be. Despite a formidable cast, this movie failed miserably. Even SRK seems uninterested like he can't wait to go home and read the papers. I don't know what it is but I personally shy away from deeply westernized Hindi movies, and the spirit of Bollywood was nowhere near this one. The two stars are for how great SRK and Kajol looked and some nice songs. However, I think people are being extra unapologetic and harsh in their judgment of SRK lately when we all know this pairing was mainly for fan service. So I'll just sit back and enjoy their presence on screen together again. But a word of advice for Rohit Shetty: stop quoting other movies.

• Jul 30, 2017

Dilwale is a phenomenal movie with a great story and marvelous acting from its star-studded cast which includes the iconic Bollywood romance couple of Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol. Although this film may seem quite familiar to veteran Bollywood movie-watchers, this movies twists and turns will keep both veteran and newcomers intrigued, even with a runtime a little over two and a half hours.

• Jan 28, 2017

Dilwale I found to be long and hard to follow. Although you had Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol it was a long movie that was loosely I felt based on Romeo and Juliet without the tragic ending. The songs were of high quality and standard, however, I was in and out of consciousness through this over 2 hour epic love story that traveled from India to parts of Europe. I have seen better Shah Rukh and Kajol partnerships. This one is not that great suitable for all.

• Sep 18, 2016

Some what Romeo and Juliet related storyline. It is crazy how stupid the younger siblings are in this movie though, I'm surprised they believed all the BS they were fed by everyone and couldn't figure out they were being lied to because it was utterly ridiculous what they did believe. It was pretty funny too.

• Aug 21, 2016

Difficult to understand what the producers were trying to create. So many times, it appeared like they wanted to spoof all that is the most ridiculous in typical Shahrukh movies of the '90s by caricaturing them in the worst possible ways only to turn back and make viewers wonder whether the terrible stuff was truly deliberate or far worse. Either way, it never works. Take out the song (badly filmed though) and hardly anything else worth enjoying.

• Aug 01, 2016

Yup, that's right another bad movie from the one of the worst director directors whose movies never seem to run. Now people who have seen this movie and liked it should be locked in a prison and need to be beaten like an idiot.It doesn't deserve a half star there should be option of 0 stars.Even though I haven't paid for it i want my money back.

• Jul 31, 2016

Overrated reason(srk)

Overrated reason(srk)

• Jul 05, 2016

Extremely underrated.

Extremely underrated.

• Jun 11, 2016

Sometimes the dreadfulness of a movie can be easily understood by its trailer and yet you take a leap to see the movie as they have some of ur favourite stars...I did tht for this movie but I couldn't go through with it...I had to switch it off within 5~6 min as I couldn't bear it anymore...Hands down this is the most Awful with a capital A movie of this year and surely this will top out as one of the worst movie of all time..