Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge Reviews

November 8, 2016
no one can perform romantic acting better than srk.....this movie made bollywood famous all across the world and srk become the most popular star in the world.....
March 28, 2016
It's an evergreen, classic of Bollywood, has all the components of being a masterpiece.
February 2, 2016
Flaws are there... but can't run away from the feeling this movie leaves. "Come... Fall in love... All over again"
½ November 27, 2015
SRK's a bit of an a.hole in this movie. I spent the first half of the movie wanting to slap him. Nice settings though in both Europe and India. Kagol shines.
October 11, 2015
Timeless romantic classic. Shahrukh Khan establishes his dominance as the king of the romance in this fun-filled musical. Kajol makes people fall in love with her craziness. Their chemistry is outstanding. Great songs. Great acting by the two families, especially Amrish Puri, Farida Jalal and Anupam Kher.

However, the moment when Amrish Puri lets go of her daughter seemed a bit abrupt. Great movie, nonetheless.
July 21, 2015
Aditya Chopra always makes me think and this movie gave me some insight into myself. I liked it, but there were parts of it that kind of dragged a little. I feel like I got to know myself a little better through it though, so that's always a good thing.
June 22, 2015
The best movie I've ever seen in my life
The king of Bollywood came to power with this classic movie
February 11, 2015
This massive film is quite something and one can understand why the film has managed to be one of the most popular successes in the history of Bollywood. The story is very interesting and well told, the musical numbers are funny, over the top and magical in every ways possible. What I really enjoyed with this film is the freedom of expression it conveys to an audience. colorful, entertaining, filled with great music and powerful symbols, a film like this one is almost unfathomable to western audiences who will probably dislike the length and the naivety of some scenes. Bollywood cinema is an enigma to western audiences used to heavy serious drama instead of the more theatrical and choreographed approach chosen here. I enjoyed being part of this journey, I loved the characters and was fascinated by the costumes and the body language of the actors. Somehow I felt the characters were much more layered and complex than the one we usually see in our western, supposedly more realistic films. this film is an experience to enjoy and a beautiful insight in one of the most incredibly and complex society. India seems to be it's own world and a film like this one offers a unique glimpse into the heart of a nation who is still able to dream in bright colors. Wonderful experience.
December 24, 2014
The Evergreen Movie Of Romance
December 20, 2014
Classic romance with he works: bad boy, good girl, splendid scenery, angry father, fighting and of course, a happy ending.
½ December 20, 2014
Watched this movie since i was a little girl really enjoyed and liked movie
½ December 19, 2014
wonderful movie to watch again and again
½ July 31, 2014
Definitely on a par with Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. I don't know how Anupam Kher and Amrish Puri agreed to star in this movie.
May 22, 2014
Romantic story, timeless song, and superb acting...
April 9, 2014
A charming joker meets a beautiful arranged bride-to-be while railing thru europe. Now he was rush to india & woo her father before the wedding. This is a beautiful musical tale of love from bollywood.
½ March 31, 2014
Good plot by Chopra. Fancied the whole euro trip part.
January 21, 2014
The best film i've ever watched!! This one is epic romantic from yash raj films with the KING KHAN as raj and kajol as simran. SRK was simply OUTSTANDING in this film. He played the role of Raj with near perfection. The public will easily fall in love with him. Besides the music of the film is among the BEST of indian cinema with the tracks becoming all-time hits. No doubt this is the longest running fil in cinematic history and also features in the GUINNESS BOOKS OF WORLD RECORDS. This is a film from the heart and is very entertaining and not to forget the ICONIC CLIMAX..
½ January 8, 2014
another recommendation from 3 of my colleagues... Get to know more about their culture and values, yet at the same time i still dont get how they can go through it.. definitely a touching story especially the second half of the story...
August 29, 2013
This is the origin of so many famous Bollywood movies. The pairing of Shahrukh Khan and Kajol is perfect, like always. Of course, like most older Bollywood films, this movie is way too long. Disregarding the many plot holes and stretches, the first half of the story is really nice and fun while the second half is fairly boring.
August 20, 2013