Doom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Doom Reviews

December 10, 2016
although i want to see it, the plot isnt the matter, its the fact that they are aliens instead of demons
November 27, 2016
Pretty decent movie. Simple plot, while keeping the theme of the game. It even has scenes shot in first person view. What else were people expecting from this movie??
November 21, 2016
good movie with great action scenes but the plot can be better though
October 26, 2016
Doom, is tacky, too fast paced, bad performance. The only thing good is the action, and Dwyane Johnson.
½ October 23, 2016
I still like this movie way more than most people do. However, I will acknowledge where it fails. That being said, I am still always able to just go with it and have a bit of fun. I still feel the need to watch it every couple of years. I guess we can chalk this one up as one of my "guilty pleasures".
September 23, 2016
The plot is an interesting one, but the execution was definitely lacking.
August 17, 2016
A fine action flick, with a lot of callbacks to the original games. Plus, the FPS scene is very cool.
August 16, 2016
Just find the fps scene on youtube. Only thing worth watching. A poorly conceived cocktease.
½ August 15, 2016
Stupid. Boring and painful. Overall simply horrible.
½ August 12, 2016
Pretty bad when a video game has more plot and enjoy-ability then a summer blockbuster.

This movie is a typical 80's macho action...filmed in 2005.
½ July 23, 2016
I loved this film. It followed Doom 3 video game very closely.
July 21, 2016
What monster is that?
What gun is that supposed to be?
When are the demons from Hell showing up?
What game is this an adaptation of?
Why didn't id Software sue for copyright infringement?

On the bright side, adrift in a sea of tedium: the fist fight is cool, the tongue things are nasty and there's some impressive gore. But I only remember one of those things from the games.

Contrary to Rotten Tomatoes insulting consensus, fans of the games are going to be the most disappointed of all.
jamrcla
½ July 18, 2016
Loved it, They tried something different with the first person scene and in my opinion it paid off, It has to be one of the best game to films, It had almost everything the game did apart from the creatures not coming from Hell but apart from that and Dwaynes very aggressive acting it was fantastic.
½ July 14, 2016
More Doom 2004 than Doom 2016, it's a solid meh.
July 3, 2016
Not great but not bad either, cheesy and entertaining action horror based on the video game of the same name.
½ June 5, 2016
Does a half decent job trying to remain faithful to its source material, and hasn't aged too terribly but is a long way from the solid efforts the Rock is turning in these days. Best viewed when reviewing Urban's rise to better roles.
½ May 25, 2016
Doom squanders the original games premise with ridiculous acting, unoriginal plot points, and unfaithfulness to its source material. Also RT consensus... please, this movie can also disappoint fans of the game.
May 23, 2016
Tries to be "Alien" but comes across as a sleepy "Super Mario Bros". Doom lore is it's only half-star advantage.
May 13, 2016
As a fan of the DooM series as a whole, I was delighted to find out that this movie was coming out 11 years ago. I begged my parents to take to see it. And I have yet to find anyone that likes this movie that likes the games.

in my eyes, it was not made.