Doom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Doom Reviews

March 21, 2017
I don't know why people are complaining. The monsters looked cool, the feel was scary, they worked hard on it and I thought it showed. I throw it on every so often when I feel like a scare. People are too quick to complain about anything and everything.
½ February 21, 2017
I personally loved this film good action great special effects to but the story was kinda silly
February 20, 2017
Better than what I originally had watched. A weak premise and somewhat weak pacing, it made up in great effects on the infected and also the dark textures in the film. Not the Rock or Urban's finest roles, but it does give off some good cheese and bad assery.
½ February 14, 2017
More Doom 2004 than Doom 1993, it's a solid meh. Watch it at 3 AM on the SYFY channel.
½ January 31, 2017
Not that bad. If there was more of the movie from about 1hour21min in and onward minus the fps stuff. I mean that dramatic conflict. That is when the movie got good! I came into the movie too being and old school id software fan.
½ January 25, 2017
I still like this movie way more than most people do. However, I will acknowledge where it fails. That being said, I am still always able to just go with it and have a bit of fun. I still feel the need to watch it every couple of years. I guess we can chalk this one up as one of my "guilty pleasures". That being said, this really needs a much more faithful adaptation.
½ January 10, 2017
Disgrace to the game
December 10, 2016
although i want to see it, the plot isnt the matter, its the fact that they are aliens instead of demons
November 27, 2016
Pretty decent movie. Simple plot, while keeping the theme of the game. It even has scenes shot in first person view. What else were people expecting from this movie??
October 26, 2016
Doom, is tacky, too fast paced, bad performance. The only thing good is the action, and Dwyane Johnson.
September 23, 2016
The plot is an interesting one, but the execution was definitely lacking.
August 17, 2016
A fine action flick, with a lot of callbacks to the original games. Plus, the FPS scene is very cool.
August 16, 2016
Just find the fps scene on youtube. Only thing worth watching. A poorly conceived cocktease.
½ August 15, 2016
Stupid. Boring and painful. Overall simply horrible.
½ August 12, 2016
Pretty bad when a video game has more plot and enjoy-ability then a summer blockbuster.

This movie is a typical 80's macho action...filmed in 2005.
½ July 23, 2016
I loved this film. It followed Doom 3 video game very closely.
July 21, 2016
What monster is that?
What gun is that supposed to be?
When are the demons from Hell showing up?
What game is this an adaptation of?
Why didn't id Software sue for copyright infringement?

On the bright side, adrift in a sea of tedium: the fist fight is cool, the tongue things are nasty and there's some impressive gore. But I only remember one of those things from the games.

Contrary to Rotten Tomatoes insulting consensus, fans of the games are going to be the most disappointed of all.
jamrcla
½ July 18, 2016
Loved it, They tried something different with the first person scene and in my opinion it paid off, It has to be one of the best game to films, It had almost everything the game did apart from the creatures not coming from Hell but apart from that and Dwaynes very aggressive acting it was fantastic.
July 3, 2016
Not great but not bad either, cheesy and entertaining action horror based on the video game of the same name.