Doom Reviews

• Feb 24, 2021

what a stinker, really. not like the game Doom at all, just another psycho bs movie

• Feb 12, 2021

"Meh, it passed the time" is a pretty solid synopsis really. I don't understand all the hatred. I feel as if you know exactly what you're going to get with this movie and you should go in with pretty low expectations. That way, you may find it more enjoyable. It's a somewhat entertaining watch with plenty of action but the acting overall is pretty poor and there's a lot of screen time in near total darkness. Not sure I'd watch it again but I've certainly seen worse.

• Jan 21, 2021

really wasn't a bad movie as everyone makes it out to be. Yes the acting was bad except Karl Urban's, but the movie was entertaining. One time Watch

• Dec 19, 2020

"meh, it passed the time" isn't such a good rating, however, the movie was definitely above the 19% tomato meter rating. i don't know why it got such bad reviews, i mean, it's based off of a video game that's a first person shooter. what, didn't it meet your expectations ? karl urban and the rock did the best they could with this shallow storyline. my only caveat is that, watching 'pride & prejudice' so many times, rosamund pike is pretty much typecast. her scientist role just didn't do it for me

• Nov 13, 2020

Sit back and grab yourself some popcorn because Doom is what it is a popcorn movie.

• Oct 18, 2020

No worse than most action movies.

No worse than most action movies.

• Sep 25, 2020

The major problem with shooting an action movie in the dark is that the audience cannot see any of the action. If the audience cannot see the action, in an action movie, then what is left to entertain the audience? The Rock's witty one-liners and raised eyebrow? Flashes of gunfire in the dark, in the hopes that it initiates a seizure? Glimpses of monsters and vague moving shadows? This movie is only meant for fans of the game, of which there was apparently a lot by the amount of revenue. They probably only enjoyed the final sequence.

• Sep 18, 2020

Is there a zero star option?

Is there a zero star option?

• Aug 20, 2020

Had this movie been labelled as a comedy I might have been able to enjoy it. The fact that this movie strayed so far from the original premise of the Doom 3 video game (released just one year before) was insulting to any gamer who praised the game for it's mind bending and truly unsettling horror. Manipulating light to add atmosphere, especially for the horror genre, is something every cinematographer knows is vitally important. There are several moments in this movie where the audience is just staring at an black screen waiting for something to happen. The attempt at the first person view for Karl Urban's character was the most depressing moment of the whole film. It felt too much like a FPS which had been forced into the film while the rest of it kept to conventional camera techniques throughout. The writers destroyed the Doom lore and replaced it with weak sub-plots that only aided in disappointing the viewer. I wouldn't watch this again even if you paid me.

• Aug 18, 2020

The Rock and Karl Urban give it a go and the first person moments are cool, but the movie never stops feeling like a made for Syfy Channel movie.