Dream House Reviews

• Oct 18, 2020

Daniel Craig is good in the lead, while the premise is an intriguing one. However, it doesn't quite come together cohesively enough to be enjoyed on a major level. I didn't dislike 'Dream House', I found it alright to be honest. Craig (Will), as alluded to, is enjoyable in the main role, with Rachel Weisz (Libby) and Naomi Watts (Ann) being solid supports. The casting is probably the best thing about this film. It's the execution of the plot that holds it back. What's produced is watchable, but doesn't - at least for me - connect on any hearty level. The final act is a little clunky and messy, despite a nice reveal earlier on in the 84 minutes . It's definitely an interesting concept, but it's mostly a wasted one by the end. Reportedly, along with director John Sheridan, Craig and Weisz disagreed with the producer's final cut - no blame to them, if so. Craig, the idea and the run time stops this leaving a negative memory. I likely won't revisit it, but it's an OK - if underwhelming - production.

• Sep 14, 2020

A confusingly bore this thriller like FearDotCom is a great sleeping pill.

A confusingly bore this thriller like FearDotCom is a great sleeping pill.

• Sep 07, 2020

Underrated psychological thriller, though is admittedly a bit of a Shutter Island knockoff, but I digress. 7.75/10.

• Sep 06, 2020

If you can figure out the ending and understand that it's not a horror movie you'll enjoy the film.

• Jul 22, 2020

This film is strange enough because it is boring for the first part and becomes interesting in the second becoming watchable and interesting enough, however I do not share some twists of the second part because they are too forced or explained too badly inside the film

• Jul 05, 2020

I actually loved this. Great twists and kept my attention.

I actually loved this. Great twists and kept my attention.

• Jul 03, 2020

The cops were absolutely useless in a weird town that made the story go slow because no one ever did or said anything. About halfway through, it got somewhat like Shutter Island. Turns out the ending was kind of interesting and kind of sad.

• Jun 24, 2020

It's almost clever and almost scary, but never quite gets there and instead disappoints as a predictable, mediocre film despite solid acting from the leads. The crux of the issue is the abhorrent, boring villain - difficult to shape any quality from that.

• Jun 08, 2020

One of the shitest movies I've seen in a while.

One of the shitest movies I've seen in a while.

• Jun 06, 2020

Slow but interesting, I enjoyed it, it's not a bad movie. Not amazing but it was alright in my opinion.