Drop Dead Gorgeous - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Drop Dead Gorgeous Reviews

August 18, 2017
Hands down..THE WORST FILM I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!
½ June 8, 2017
Extremely biting and honest movie about beauty pagents. I really like this movie because its exactly how I see these types of people. One of my favorite comedies.
May 30, 2017
SO ahead of it's time.
½ May 29, 2017
This is a super fun movie to watch, everyone is equally entertaining, the story is funny, Kirsten Dunst does stand out but really, everyone on the cast was excellent in their role. I'm nowhere near Minnesota, but I did grow up in a small town with plenty of rednecks and lower middle class types, so I'm not sure if maybe that helped my enjoyment of this movie. Clearly it's exaggerated, but in my experience they're *definitely* exaggerated portrayals of actual people - or at least actual character types I've run across in the world.

Fun side note, sixteen years later, Dunst (with equal excellence) played another Minnesotan main character in the second season of Fargo, which while a more serious storyline, does get darkly humorous at times.
January 27, 2017
Funny from beginning to end, to bad it's not available to buy or stream.
July 9, 2016
One of my fav movies as a kid
½ April 17, 2016
Allison Janney and Sam McMurray just crush it
½ February 18, 2016
Quite a few laughs, but just as often crass and wide of the mark.
½ December 21, 2015
I love the dark humor of this move, It's got loads of good actors and actresses especially in their later years and the documentary shtick adds a lot of funny situations. Kristy Alley should play the villain more often.
September 27, 2015
The best. One of my all time favorite movies. Extremely funny. If you're in search of a good laugh this is it.
June 24, 2015
A most excellent off-beat comedy! While never quite reaching laugh-out-loud level humor, it's consistent and leaves you smiling nearly the whole time.
May 1, 2015
I could watch this over and over.
½ April 11, 2015
Unbearable to watch. I understand this movie is a parody and meant to be bad. But it's not so bad it's good. It's so bad that it's just bad. And just stupid, not where it's funny, it's just stupid.
March 21, 2015
7.8/10
This was a really funny movie with a great cast, that comes really nice together while bringing some sort of nostalgia about the nineties movies and that unique humor they had. I also really liked how dark it could be while being hilarious by not being afraid to go some places. Moreover, the acting was also really good and it showcased some actresses that would become huge stars, like then newcomer Amy Adams and Brittany Murphy. While also showcasing already known Kirsten Dunst and Denise Richards. Overall it was a very clever and funny movie that knows how to make fun of its subject and have fun with it.
~March 21, 2015~
March 4, 2015
Awesome gateway movie for many great actresses... However it was the mighty Murphy who drew me in... Such a loss ???
January 31, 2015
very funny , not everyone's taste.
January 29, 2015
There are a bunch of memorable moments, despite the moments that really aren't. Full review later.
½ January 25, 2015
Allison Janney is hilarious
December 29, 2014
Drop Dead Gorgeous: Don't listen to the "critics" - this is one of the most hilarious mockumentaries ever made. In the years since its big screen debut, this sleeper has become a cult classic, with a limitless supply of quotable one-liners and standout performances from Kirsten Dunst, Allison Janey, Kirstie Alley and Ellen Barkin. It was also the big screen debut for Amy Adams. A+
December 22, 2014
How did I miss this back when it was new? This was hilarious!