Drop Dead Gorgeous - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Drop Dead Gorgeous Reviews

July 9, 2016
One of my fav movies as a kid
½ April 17, 2016
Allison Janney and Sam McMurray just crush it
½ February 18, 2016
Quite a few laughs, but just as often crass and wide of the mark.
½ December 21, 2015
I love the dark humor of this move, It's got loads of good actors and actresses especially in their later years and the documentary shtick adds a lot of funny situations. Kristy Alley should play the villain more often.
September 27, 2015
The best. One of my all time favorite movies. Extremely funny. If you're in search of a good laugh this is it.
June 24, 2015
A most excellent off-beat comedy! While never quite reaching laugh-out-loud level humor, it's consistent and leaves you smiling nearly the whole time.
May 1, 2015
I could watch this over and over.
½ April 11, 2015
Unbearable to watch. I understand this movie is a parody and meant to be bad. But it's not so bad it's good. It's so bad that it's just bad. And just stupid, not where it's funny, it's just stupid.
March 21, 2015
7.8/10
This was a really funny movie with a great cast, that comes really nice together while bringing some sort of nostalgia about the nineties movies and that unique humor they had. I also really liked how dark it could be while being hilarious by not being afraid to go some places. Moreover, the acting was also really good and it showcased some actresses that would become huge stars, like then newcomer Amy Adams and Brittany Murphy. While also showcasing already known Kirsten Dunst and Denise Richards. Overall it was a very clever and funny movie that knows how to make fun of its subject and have fun with it.
~March 21, 2015~
March 4, 2015
Awesome gateway movie for many great actresses... However it was the mighty Murphy who drew me in... Such a loss ???
January 31, 2015
very funny , not everyone's taste.
January 29, 2015
There are a bunch of memorable moments, despite the moments that really aren't. Full review later.
½ January 25, 2015
Allison Janney is hilarious
December 29, 2014
Drop Dead Gorgeous: Don't listen to the "critics" - this is one of the most hilarious mockumentaries ever made. In the years since its big screen debut, this sleeper has become a cult classic, with a limitless supply of quotable one-liners and standout performances from Kirsten Dunst, Allison Janey, Kirstie Alley and Ellen Barkin. It was also the big screen debut for Amy Adams. A+
December 22, 2014
How did I miss this back when it was new? This was hilarious!
November 19, 2014
Plot holes are bad. Shameless stereotyping of lesbians, Asian-Americans and the mentally challenged is worse. But low-hanging comedy fruit? That's the worst. Seems like the kind of movie I would have loved as a 14-year-old, ("Ugh, people in organized religion are the worst!" "I just want to get out of this town!" "Adults are creepers and hypocrites!") but as an adult, I'd rather watch a quirky comedy that has at least some affection for its subjects. In short, it makes me want to re-watch Bernie.
October 19, 2014
Perhaps the most underrated movie ever made.
September 14, 2014
As a mockumentary, "Drop Dead Gorgeous" doesn't always work, but overall it's an enjoyable comedy. The cast is good and there's ample material to draw comedy from when talking about beauty pageants and small towns. It doesn't always hit, but there's plenty of laughs to go around. The ending does go on for too long and at times it seems like the film makers forgot that the "crew" of the film shouldn't be able to see anything unless it's through their one camera. Some scenes where multiple angles are used break the momentum but if the subject is something you're interested in you'll have a good time. (On Dvd, October 10, 2012)
August 26, 2014
THERE ARE bad movies and there are awesomely bad movies! This one cannot be missed. Amy Adams first. Brit Murphy before she killed herself and the destructive dive denise richards! I love it everytime it is on I must watch or record. A guilty pleasure of horrid bitchiness!
July 26, 2014
Funny and one to watch over and over as you miss so many of the little backhanded jokes. Loved it when it first came out, still love it now. This light hearted piss take of the beauty industry is hilarious from start to finish :)