Drum Reviews

• Nov 27, 2017

drum is the son of mandingo, he gets stuck in a sex farm

drum is the son of mandingo, he gets stuck in a sex farm

• Apr 27, 2017

This pseudo-sequel to Mandingo isn't nearly as disturbing and has a better plot. Warren Oates is very good as the plantation owner. Plus, Yaphet Kotto is added to help with acting (since Ken Norton is a boxer turned Actor). If you liked Mandingo then you should watch Drum.

• Aug 14, 2016

Follow up to MANDINGO is respectable in its own right with slave Norton sold to plantation owner Warren Oates and leading a revolt. Good cast makes up for Norton's deficiencies in the lead.

• Jan 03, 2013

Django Unchained is totally based off this film. Drum is a pretty damn good flick! This is so UNDERRATED!!!!!

• Nov 13, 2012

82% "I love you Claudia, but maybe niggers shouldn't love."-Drum (Ken Norton) I'll bet, two bits, that Tarantino loves this flick. "Blind is the color of freedom."-Blaise (Yaphet Kotto)

• Nov 05, 2012

A must see, I loved it - 10 Star Movie !

A must see, I loved it - 10 Star Movie !

• Sep 15, 2012

Every American should watch this movie once. It should be required viewing in high school history classes.

• Apr 24, 2012

the thing about the slavery back drop...it connected me. seeing slave sold nd fight for the amusement of their gambling masters, was very demeaning and infuriating. now, the film isn't that great. the acting is as good as a shoe sandwich. yaphet kotto was probably the best actor as blaise. other than the subject matter, this was meh.

• Nov 17, 2010

very good history lesson

very good history lesson

• Jan 12, 2010

Note: This is not a serious film. Believe it or not, it's parody of the days of slavery. That sounds like it's in unbearably poor taste. It is and it isn't. Picture a Quentin Tarantino movie set in slave times and you have this picture (note: Tarantino is supposedly working on a similarly themed film). I can see people being offended by it, but the makers meant well and the film does manage to depict the full on ugliness of slavery-something that hasn't been seen much since the 70s. This is a guilty pleasure - if you are not offended easily, this will be sure to entertain.