Earth Girls Are Easy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Earth Girls Are Easy Reviews

June 3, 2016
It's cheesy and kind of terrible, but it's my favorite terrible movie. I tend to classify it as "so bad, it's actually kind of good" as far as movies go. Don't over think it too much, just enjoy this silly, stupid, hairbrained movie for what it is.
May 19, 2016
80's trash at its very finest
February 22, 2016
I have absolutely how or why this movie ever got made, but I am so glad it did!
½ January 3, 2016
Jim Carrey doesn't believe in vaccinations. He and his movies are idiotic
½ December 30, 2015
Tästä elokuvasta opin mm. että:

- Suomi on Norjan pääkaupunki
- Suomalaiset jodlaavat
½ November 28, 2015
Very good 80's camp movie that can be watched again and again. Mindless fun.
August 9, 2015
this should be crap, but it's so cute you can't be angry at it. also, this made me realize that the ability to perfectly replicate and project sound is truly a powerful and terrifying superpower.
½ June 17, 2015
Wtf...? I don't remember this being a musical at all. really goofy, but still a fun nostalgia trip. Was cool seeing Jim Carrey and Damon Wayans together in the early days. I wonder if this was before or after in living color...
April 15, 2015
A somewhat fun little popcorn comedy.
½ March 26, 2015
Pretty terrible, but has the appeal of being sooo 80's. Kinda hilarious the "hunks" in this are Jeff Goldblum and Jim Carrey, lol.
½ February 21, 2015
I forgot this movie had a number of musical interruptions. I also remember it being better than it actually was. It has not aged well at all!
February 13, 2015
This indulgent and effectively styled work of wacky aliens fantasy is lower budget, but only the lower grade film used really shows this. The performances are fun and relaxed which works and it's a spritely romantic comedy storyline.
½ December 23, 2014
Earth Girl Are Easy a tout de de la comédie scifi 80's qui a extrêmement mal vieilli (un peu comme Coneheads). Et pourtant, le film de Julien Temple, une comédie musicale composée par Nile Rodgers, est bien plus que cela. Earth Girls Are Easy est un rappel au monde que Jim Carrey et Damon Wayans étaient furieusement drôles à une époque, que Jeff Goldblum et Geena Davis formaient un couple très crédible et que Julie Brown était une actrice hilarante. Bien sûr, le film ne tient pas du tout ses 90 minutes avec temps additionnel, mais pour 40 ou 50 minutes très clairement originales et satisfaisante, il faut reconnaître que Earth Girls Are Easy est un divertissement tout à fait acceptable et parfois remarquable.
½ December 18, 2014
Great movie. Earth Girls has the same zany energy and funny musical numbers as Rocky Horror and Little Shop, although the plot is a little less original. Overall, it's funny, sweet, and has great performances from the cast, especially Carrey and Wayans.
November 21, 2014
Not too funny and much too light on Wayans and Carrey, however, not a bad bizarre 80s flick
½ November 18, 2014
October 8, 2014
wow.....wow....wow.....just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is nothing really special 2 watch, but it is an enjoyable movie 2 watch.......its got a good cast of actors/actresses throughout this movie.....I think that geena davis, jeff goldblum, Julie brown, jim carrey, damon wayans, play good roles/parts throughout this movie.....I think that the director of this musical/performing arts/sci-fi/fantasy/comedy movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie.....its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie......

Originally the film was slated to go into production in 1986 for Warner Bros. but the studio got cold feet when director Julien Temple's previous film, Absolute Beginners, proved to be a dismal box office failure. The role of Valerie was offered to some of the era's box-office draws such as Madonna and Molly Ringwald, but when they rejected it, WB dropped the project. Several other studios expressed interest in producing the movie, but none wanted Temple to direct. Ultimately French bank Crédit Lyonnais agreed to finance the film with Temple at the helm (if $4 million was shaved off of the film's estimated $14 million budget) and the De Laurentiis Entertainment Group agreed to distribute it.

Principal photography was finally underway in late 1987 and Temple brought his own ideas to the table, including peppering the background with then modern sounding pop songs, featuring an homage to The Nutty Professor and using iconic model/actress Angelyne in a brief cameo (the director declared her "the patron Saint of Los Angeles"), but Temple's studious eye for detail caused delays on the set and according to producer Tony Garnett, "The first cut we had of the picture was a problem." The film underwent more than five months of post-production tinkering, including the removal of numerous scenes and the production number "I Like 'em Big and Stupid" (a different version of the song plays in the club; the deleted sequence appears on the DVD extras) and reshoots later commenced (the song "'Cause I'm a Blonde" was injected into the film late in the game), by which time the De Laurentiis Entertainment Group had filed for bankruptcy.

The finished print of the film had several very positive previews, which captured the interest of potential distributors Nelson Entertainment, New World, MGM and 20th Century Fox, but ultimately Vestron Pictures picked up the distribution rights. The film debuted at the Toronto Film Festival in September 1988 and was slated to be released the following February, but legal entanglements delayed its release until May 1989

The film received generally mixed, but mostly positive reviews. Roger Ebert concluded, "Earth Girls Are Easy is silly and predictable and as permanent as a feather in the wind, but I had fun watching it." Leonard Maltin called it an "infectiously goofy musical" and went on to cite some "good laughs and an endearing performance by Davis." Pittsburgh Post-Gazette editor George Anderson gushed over the absurdity of the movie, declaring the film "is so cheerful about so many stupid things that you cannot, in good conscience, endorse it, but you may be tempted to adopt it." Some criticized the film for being "less a movie than a stretched-out, padded [music] video." Box office returns were low; the film garnered only a little over a third of the $10 million production cost-but the movie ultimately developed a cult following. Earth Girls Are Easy currently holds a 63% rating on Rotten Tomatoes based on 32 reviews

A soundtrack album was released on vinyl, cassette and CD by Sire Records on May 9, 1989 to coincide with the May 12 release of the film. Most of the songs on the album are different mixes than were heard in the movie, several songs from the film were omitted altogether and Geena Davis's song "The Ground You Walk On" was replaced with a rendition by Jill Jones. The album is out of print.

Royalty's song "Baby Gonna Shake" was issued as a single (available in several formats with numerous remix variations)and Hall & Oates' rendition of "Love Train" was released as a single backed with the film's title song, performed by The N.

man this is nothing special 2 watch but it is such an enjoyable comedy movie from the 1980s to watch, sure it is not a classics movie 2 watch, but I really had some fun watching this movie, its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie.....man it is nothing special 2 watch but it is such an enjoyable comedy movie 2 watch, with a good cast throughout this movie......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THORUGHOUT SOME SCENES THORUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.......man this is such an enjoyable comedy movie 2 watch with a good cast throughout this movie......
August 11, 2014
With a title like Earth Girls Are Easy, you know it's a quality film. Yet surprisingly it's garbage, complete and utter garbage. And it's really a shame, 'cause the cast is quite impressive; Geena Davis, Jeff Goldblum, Jim Carrey, Damon Wayans, and Julie Brown. But the script is awful, and the performances are universally bad. The film is just a crazy mess, starting out as a musical, becoming a fish-out-of-water tale, and ending up as a rom-com. Mindbogglingly stupid, Earth Girls Are Easy is one of the most atrocious things ever to be put on film.
August 9, 2014
I like the movie, and I like the cast even more!